Oxblood August, It kind-of rhymes.

4 hours ago, cheese said:

Wow, loving the pics, especially the MFCs from the building and the paper Bill posted. Great stuff!

Akro is the go-to folder for oxbloods, so I'll start there.

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-35.jpg
Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-23.jpg
Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Copy-of-Presenta
IMG-3036.jpg
IMG-3035.jpg
DSCN3781.jpg

That last one is an amazing piece 👏 super cool others also....thanks for the pictures 

Before anyone asks, no I wasn't moving, the camera was on a tripod with a remote, the ox in this mib looks blurry, like it's in motion for some reason. I thought it was me or the camera until I got my loupe out, this being the reason the oxblood looks blurry in both pix.

"Inside"

8 (3).PNG

"Sunlight"

308.PNG

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 6:20 PM, akronmarbles said:

Alan - nice cullet! You even have the opaque oxblood orange phase in the first piece. I know of two marbles made of the solid orange phase both attributed to MFC.

DSCN7898 copy.jpg

Here is the one that I have alway called an Orange Brick.

I am glad that film is no longer used, I shot about 300 images to get these. I used to shoot a lot of Kodachrome using a macro lense back in the 70's. Digital is a whole new world for me. I will do better in the months ahead but these are my best for now.

Orangebrick1.JPG

Orangebrick2.JPG

Orangebrick3.JPG

Orangebrick4.JPG

Orangebrick5.JPG

• Like 1
  • Award 1

I cannot see having an oxblood post with showing these to you all.

Here are four of Brian Grahams that I just love.

The one with the blue-ish clear tint is my favorite of all. If he figures out this orange oxblood thing, I will be there for sure to add a few to my collection. Once again-I took a lot of shots to get these.  Sunlight helps for sure. I will get better. Photograpy is a lot cheaper that it used to be--just takes time to recognoiter.

BG1.JPG

BG2.JPG

BG3.JPG

BG4.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Photograpy is a lot cheaper that it used to be--just takes time to recognoiter.

You're doing good! In general you'll have better luck with the mibs on a non-reflective surface.

• Award 1

Thank Ric,

I used to know better and re-learning keeps the gray matter alive and kicking for sure. When I stopped my photo hobby due to raising a family and making money go where it should, digital was scoffed at for lack of any resolution compared to film---lol here we are! Any other tips will be appreciated. I don't do smart phones and this new camera is like learning a new OS. Technology is passing me up no doubt and some of it can pass for sure. I will conquer this one though--one image at a time.

Image--on!!

Love the ones with both AV and ox. 

Those white and black ones are some of my favorite Heatons. I didn't find many of those during the digs but some people did.

Here's one with both AV and ox. i have some better ones but haven't taken pics of them.

Copy-of-Copy-of-Untitled-Design-23.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:18 PM, akroorka said:

Here is the one that I have alway called an Orange Brick.

I am glad that film is no longer used, I shot about 300 images to get these. I used to shoot a lot of Kodachrome using a macro lense back in the 70's. Digital is a whole new world for me. I will do better in the months ahead but these are my best for now.

Orangebrick1.JPG

Orangebrick2.JPG

Orangebrick3.JPG

Orangebrick4.JPG

Orangebrick5.JPG

That has got the WOW factor....what an amazing marble 👍👍💥

• Award 1