Oxblood August, It kind-of rhymes.

Marbles, rocks, lamps, ashtrays, shift knobs, cullet, dinnerware, spoons, forks  wall hangings, hubcaps, hood ornaments, garbage can lids, etc, etc, etc. If you even think that it is oxblood and not sure--- post it, no judgment needed unless requested.

The truth is that glass collectors and many other areas of collecting referred to oxblood as a color without the stipulations that we as marble collectors expect. Most marble collectors love it in any form---tell me if I am wrong. I know that I will love to see what pops up. Please post some marbles with your various items—this is a marble board after all.

Marble-on, and Oxblood-on for sure.

I will start it out with some Akro oxblood dug halves and pieces along with a Vidrio Elephant ashtray. Ok, I know, Vidrio is not oxblood, more like dried blood—let’s see more.

oxbloodaugust1.JPG

• Like 1

Sweet Akro egg-yolk and oxblood --the more yolk the better and your is one of the best I have seen---I can't wait until breakfast and the bacon is included in this one!! That Akro yellow is killer for sure.

Keep em comin,

Marble-on!!

Hello Art,

No uv actually I lit it up from underneath so I'd have to say backlit with normal lighting, I've posted this marble many times and the consensus is being from the French drain, the olive base glass color is very similar to several marbles recovered from there. I knew it was Akro when I got it but the olive base glass threw me. Oxblood is on the surface, I though is was subsurface also but the ox does protrude a bit out from the base glass a bit in a couple areas, other than that a couple microscopic as made dimples, I can't even find a fleabite.  I lit it up so the Akro construction was more visible, I thought it was a super muddy translucent for the longest time !! In hand the olive green color is very apparent when backlit. In regular lighting it appears to be a dark muddy base. I did try U.V. on it, very little to no reaction, maybe the muddy coloring, I haven't the slightest.

9 hours ago, mibcapper said:

.....................  :wave2:

cullet 007.jpg

DSC01718.JPG

ox and coral 001.jpg

snakzzzz 003.jpg

That is some great cullet my friend. I want to fry up some liver tonight for some reason---excellent!!! That blue ox cork is as good as they come--museum piece for sure-- is it for real or a contemp ? (seriously) It is unreal!! Thanks for the chance to see it.

4 hours ago, akronmarbles said:

Here's a few MFC examples from inside the factory building. Wish these were whole marbles!

mfc_bricks.jpg

Another piece of work fitted for a museum--Impressed I am-- whole or halves, who cares, rare as all get out ----Thanks for the image!!

• Like 1

This image has been adjusted.

I am playing with a new camera and imaging software. I though that it was cool to see that oxblood from the bottom light up with lemonade brightness. These are both my best examples. The bottom of the plate is just as good as the top, it is like it was folded over with great ox on top and bottom, follow the lines of ox throughout the plate to understand what I mean. Oxblood turns into lemonade.

Marble-on!!! and keep the oxblood and liver coming!! I love it all!!

oxbloodaugust3.JPG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, akroorka said:

That is some great cullet my friend. I want to fry up some liver tonight for some reason---excellent!!! That blue ox cork is as good as they come--museum piece for sure-- is it for real or a contemp ? (seriously) It is unreal!! Thanks for the chance to see it.

lol ... ty ..... yep, it's real. got it about 4-5 ft. down  yrs. ago. really haven't seen many of same pattern. bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akronmarbles said:

Here's a few MFC examples from inside the factory building. Wish these were whole marbles!

mfc_bricks.jpg

ohhhhhhh ..... too have been there .... nirvana .... wtg brian ... bill

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

lol ... ty ..... yep, it's real. got it about 4-5 ft. down  yrs. ago. really haven't seen many of same pattern. bill

I would dig 20 feet for that one--maybe more; I doubt that you have seen any of the same pattern-- thanks for the humble response.

Marble -on!! And Humility-on!!

45 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This image has been adjusted.

I am playing with a new camera and imaging software. I though that it was cool to see that oxblood from the bottom light up with lemonade brightness. These are both my best examples. The bottom of the plate is just as good as the top, it is like it was folded over with great ox on top and bottom, follow the lines of ox throughout the plate to understand what I mean. Oxblood turns into lemonade.

Marble-on!!! and keep the oxblood and liver coming!! I love it all!!

oxbloodaugust3.JPG

love this! great effect! art work!