Chuck Brandstetter

wvrons

Sad news once again. Long time collector of all marbles Chuck Brandstetter passed away early today. Chuck has had a three year uphill battle. He had a kidney transplant, then heart troubles, then two strokes. A few days ago he was in ICU fighting Covid. Chuck and his wife Diane were experts with Vitro marbles. Along with original marble packages. They collected all marbles for many years. They have been members and heavy supporters of the WVMCC since it's early months over twenty years ago. They both have a long list of marble friends of many years.  Chuck was a promotor of marbles where ever he was. He would take all the time possible to answer any and all marble questions. I could go on for hours about Chuck and Diane. Now it is time to take care of yourself Diane. 

The fight is over now Chuck. Rest in Peace my friend. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is very sad news, indeed. Chuck was a great guy, incredibly knowledgable and always willing to share. I will never forget laying on the floor of his room with him at about 1:00 AM going through a huge cache of Ravenswods he had acquired, I don't even remember which show it was, we were much younger, no doubt, but I remember the fun we had together like it was yesterday.

I also, remember being very thankful he was married to Dianne, who put up with such shenanigans on a pretty regular basis. I know Chuck was thankful for her too.

RIP my friend. You will be missed.

The marble shows recently have just not been the same without Chuck and Dianne. They were some of my closest friends. Chuck would talk about marbles for hours and I learned so much from them. Dianne would always offer snacks or a sandwich or a coke. They would let me rest up at their home on my way to Amana and always made me feel welcome. My thoughts are with Dianne, and Chuck will be very sadly missed. 

Thoughts and prayers too his wife, family and friends...sometimes I wish I would have began collecting years ago just so I could have possibly met some of these folks. I always enjoy reading the posts that reference everyone who I would consider ground breakers and ambassadors too this hobby, including the people who I collaborate with here at MarbleConnection. Be at peace 🙏

Chuck and Diane's room was always a favorite stop at the Ohio shows. Chuck was so trusting, he would always try to sell me marbles without even expecting me to pay for them at the show. He would say - "Take this...you need this." Good people. Right up there in my mind with Les Jones. The marble show landscape has changed much in the last 30 years. RIP.

gosh this is such sad news. i'll need some time to process it (and move past kicking myself for procrastinating and losing touch with both c&d) before i can post a proper tribute. for now i'll just share a photo that i stole from someone who attended the 2008 WVMCC show. (apologies to whomever it belongs to; i didn't properly tag it.) 

RIP, my friend ♥

c&d wvmcc may2008.jpg

That is very sad news.  I had communicated with Chuck over the years on bags and even some marbles, too.  We were always bidding against each other on eBay for bags and he usually won.  I met the two of them at a couple shows back there and then I got to see his collection a few years ago when we attended the Ft. Wayne Show and it was fabulous.  Condolences to Diane and the family.  May he rest in peace.

29 minutes ago, Al Oregon said:

got to see his collection a few years ago when we attended the Ft. Wayne Show and it was fabulous. 

Al, I am so glad you were able too finally get together and see it - fabulous is a pretty tame description!

Just heard about this, Chuck was a great friend and one of my earliest mentors. Always quick with help, knowledge and kindness.  Both him and Diane I consider just like family.  I haven’t seen them in a few years because of circumstances and I truly Miss them both.