Any clues to the maker of this one 🧐

Tommy

4 hours ago, Steph said:

For big ones, we just know that there are limited choices.    If you have a slag that comes in at over one inch, I believe we're looking at MFC, for example.

Akro made one-inch marbles, but not in all their styles.  Show me a one-inch Akro Popeye or Akro Sparkler and I will keel over.  

If you have a swirl of that size and it's vintage, you're almost certainly talking Alley.   If modern then we look to Jabo or Vacor.  

The facts aren't that fresh in my mind for Masters.  I was very interested in the discussion around the year 2008 and I learned a lot about it, but much of what I have learned has gone from detailed knowledge into general impression mode, if that makes sense.  And my general impression was that I would have been surprised to see a Master in those colors and textures at such a large size.  And then of course I do recognize the color combo and the Master-like structure as being in the general range of my favorite Vacor, the Sunset.  

Thank you . That helps a lot your info is always appreciated 😁

• Like 1

There is way too much to be found out about the buyout of Akro by Master Glass. Master Glass used many Akro boxes and marketing items along with warehoused marbles/ machinery and recipes to advance their products.

I would not be surprised to find out some day in the future that Master Glass made some of the bigger Oxblood patches that we see in the later “Akro” boxes and other marbles that were marketed in the old “Akro” boxes and bags along with other toys that were sold in this time frame. The Akro Name was much bigger than Master Glass could achieve, even at the end.

The Later “Akro” large Oxblood patch marbles just do not line up right with regular Akro Oxblood. They are darker and just not what I expect regardless of the time frame.

Research on these later items by Master Glass needs more research. I am a firm believer that Master Glass is a company that is under appreciated and under-looked.

Master Glass and Master Made Marbles should be looked at as two completely different companies IMHO

The OP is a Master Glass Marble.

Marble—On!!

• Award 1

On 11/9/2021 at 1:27 PM, Nantucketdink said:

Here are some big Masters just for fun.  These are like 15/16” or so

44CBB781-C6A1-4DFF-8814-AB40FBB0B485.jpeg

It is just amazing how many different types of marbles that Master Glass packed into the "Cat's Eye" bags. It is almost painfull to see what they did to try to hold on as long as they did. I have seen more cat's eye bags without cat-eyes than those that held cateyes.

Great marbles non the less.

Marble--On!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

rofl. first of all, none of the pictures show the obvious windshield in this one. when I sold it to Tom, i said it was either a later master as the ones made for alox or a wonky pelt windshield. just an fyi.... its not a vacor.. 

• Like 1
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, zaboo said:

rofl. first of all, none of the pictures show the obvious windshield in this one. when I sold it to Tom, i said it was either a later master as the ones made for alox or a wonky pelt windshield. just an fyi.... its not a vacor.. 

Thanks I forgot when you said wonky  windshield. Lol . My pictures do need work..🤨

I love the mib. Thanks again for the great conversation and marble knowledge you passed on ..

• Like 1

The OP marble is not a windshield nor Peltier. If it's an old marble It's Master. IMO Glass looks better than I'd expect for Vacor so it may just be a nice big bright Master. The sunsets vary a lot and some look very much like Masters as well. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, zaboo said:

heres  a pelt windshield... notice the similarities? LOl was great to see ya!!

4985.jpg

Thanks for the pic 😊. I have never seen a pelt windshield. I see what you mean about could be wonky windshield very similar lol.

Nice images Tommy,

I will switch my ID from Master Glass to Master Made on this one.

It is an early, IMHO, nice Master Made marble.

Try not to make out of it, what it is not. These early Masters in this size are a rare find and a desirable collectable marble.

I appreciate Master Made marbles and have none in this size and have never seen one in hand.

Of course, with the new images, more opinions are needed.

Marble--On!!

50 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Nice images Tommy,

I will switch my ID from Master Glass to Master Made on this one.

It is an early, IMHO, nice Master Made marble.

Try not to make out of it, what it is not. These early Masters in this size are a rare find and a desirable collectable marble.

I appreciate Master Made marbles and have none in this size and have never seen one in hand.

Of course, with the new images, more opinions are needed.

Marble--On!!

Thanks akroorka. I am a big Master fan myself. Don't have a favorite yet 😆 I love marble collecting ....just saying..lol

Props to everyone who takes awesome pictures. Not an easy task 👍