Any clues to the maker of this one 🧐

Tommy

23 minutes ago, Steph said:

Here's an old garish pic of my Sunsets.   Probably with flash, because I almost always used flash.

I need to 

(a) find my Sunsets

(b) get better photos. 

6AbnntE.jpg

Maybe I should have looked at the size    image.png.5a8748f66dc3b77cb7b5a82cae0c5230.png    Nice call Steph !!   

On 11/3/2021 at 9:27 PM, Tommy said:

7/8 in ...

Picked this one up from Ernie and Dani at the vegas show . Couple different opinions on the maker but I love the mystery mibs .what do ya think this one is .

Thanks for looking 👍

20211103_180557.jpg

20211103_180611.jpg

20211103_180621.jpg

20211103_180536.jpg

20211103_180544.jpg

What did Dani say??? And how much was it, if you don’t mind saying…

12 hours ago, dannyboy said:

Don't Sunsets have a color or colors on the surface ?

I think with Sunsets it's one of those things which vary over the years or vary from batch to batch.  Some look more cheap and obviously foreign than others.

On 11/5/2021 at 4:09 PM, schmoozer said:

What did Dani say??? And how much was it, if you don’t mind saying…

Master or Akro probably lol . 

I will get better pics outside. And batteries for my calipers :character-smileys-238: for a more accurate measurement used my tape measure..

Thanks for the comments 🙂 

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Master or Akro probably lol . 

I will get better pics outside. And batteries for my calipers :character-smileys-238: for a more accurate measurement used my tape measure..

Thanks for the comments 🙂 

7/8” master would be a unicorn? I doubt Dani would let a Vacor go out the door mis-Id’d.🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoozer said:

7/8” master would be a unicorn? I doubt Dani would let a Vacor go out the door mis-Id’d.🤔

I wouldn't say unicorn.

Just lower odds.  I mean, you have the Paul Bunyans.  You have the later Sparkler style ones which sometimes were jobbered by Alox.   I'm pretty sure I've seen a large one in a 1930's mesh bag.  There are definitely large Masters.   Not unicorn. 

1 hour ago, schmoozer said:

6 minutes ago, Steph said:

Okay, it may not yet be settled that the Paul Bunyans are Master ;) ... but yes, there are definitely large Masters. ^_^  

Got a battery for my calipers on the way back from dinner 😀

.96in is the official measurement sorry for any confusion caused by my misread tape measure :character-smileys-238:

Is there any link on marble maker sizes or is there a couple key sizes from different makers...I hope that makes some sense .

14 hours ago, Tommy said:

Got a battery for my calipers on the way back from dinner 😀

.96in is the official measurement sorry for any confusion caused by my misread tape measure :character-smileys-238:

Is there any link on marble maker sizes or is there a couple key sizes from different makers...I hope that makes some sense .

For big ones, we just know that there are limited choices.    If you have a slag that comes in at over one inch, I believe we're looking at MFC, for example.

Akro made one-inch marbles, but not in all their styles.  Show me a one-inch Akro Popeye or Akro Sparkler and I will keel over.  

If you have a swirl of that size and it's vintage, you're almost certainly talking Alley.   If modern then we look to Jabo or Vacor.  

The facts aren't that fresh in my mind for Masters.  I was very interested in the discussion around the year 2008 and I learned a lot about it, but much of what I have learned has gone from detailed knowledge into general impression mode, if that makes sense.  And my general impression was that I would have been surprised to see a Master in those colors and textures at such a large size.  And then of course I do recognize the color combo and the Master-like structure as being in the general range of my favorite Vacor, the Sunset.  

• Like 1
  • Award 1

23 minutes ago, Steph said:

For big ones, we just know that there are limited choices.    If you have a slag that comes in at over one inch, I believe we're looking at MFC, for example.

Akro made one-inch marbles, but not in all their styles.  Show me a one-inch Akro Popeye or Akro Sparkler and I will keel over.  

If you have a swirl of that size and it's vintage, you're almost certainly talking Alley.   If modern then we look to Jabo or Vacor.  

The facts aren't that fresh in my mind for Masters.  I was very interested in the discussion around the year 2008 and I learned a lot about it, but much of what I have learned has gone from detailed knowledge into general impression mode, if that makes sense.  And my general impression was that I would have been surprised to see a Master in those colors and textures at such a large size.  And then of course I do recognize the color combo and the Master-like structure as being in the general range of my favorite Vacor, the Sunset.  

I was reading MarbleAlans page, and it stated Masters peaked at around 25/32”. Not a concrete limit…

• Like 1