Your Sunday Best !!

Chad G.

Time to share. I have had it for at least 15 or more years. In hand and close inspection the marbles are not like any I have ever had, that I remember. Early on I thought maybe Alleys, then maybe Ravenswood's, then ,maybe Veiliglass.  They were made in Japan. A man in Japan on AAM has done deep research into marbles and marble making machines in Japan. These above were made with a special cup a similar system to the Akro spinner cup.  The equipment drawings, patents, company history are all posted there. He has added so much marble history from Japan. So much we never knew until now. Still much new marble information coming to the surface every year. 

11 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Time to share. I have had it for at least 15 or more years. In hand and close inspection the marbles are not like any I have ever had, that I remember. Early on I thought maybe Alleys, then maybe Ravenswood's, then ,maybe Veiliglass.  They were made in Japan. A man in Japan on AAM has done deep research into marbles and marble making machines in Japan. These above were made with a special cup a similar system to the Akro spinner cup.  The equipment drawings, patents, company history are all posted there. He has added so much marble history from Japan. So much we never knew until now. Still much new marble information coming to the surface every year. 

I suppose I should broaden my horizons and stop over there occasionally- I am such a creature of habit.

An Alley swirl for this "Sundays' Best" I have lost track of what I've posted and what I haven't by skipping around my pix, so if this is a repost .......   Take that    :pirate:  Aaarrr.....

In the 70's next week, yee haw !!!! Gonna see some sunshine finallyimage.png.49d8792b7af032b959e270d13bd74b21.png

• Like 3
  • Award 1

28 minutes ago, hdesousa said:

This might be the only one left:

Nice hdesousa, I will keep the search on for another, you just never know!

Sometimes things fall right into your lap---after years and years of searching.

Early on in this marble collecting madness that I have, with 3 kids and less cash to spend, I saw one at an Antique mall in The Wisconsin Dells, my wife was along and I had to pass at under $200. No regrets, just facts.

The search continues---and always will---I love this stuff!

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

My "Sunday Best" Alley metalic, has wider ribbons of an iron color and thinner ones of a copper color throughout the marble. This ones a little bigger @ 13/16ths. One shot outside in natural sunlight an the next inside under artificial.

image.png.6b0c2a941d63ba6962cfa0e07ee79222.png

image.png.7954f9ec351cab6324af8faa775b3892.png

• Like 2