Slag ID...

William

33 minutes ago, Mojo said:

The swirl ... the diaper fold crack made me think of Jabo in the first place 

Nice marble 👌

Not because of a buttcrack, but because of the multicolor striations, my first thought was also Jabo.

• Like 1

I would like to see some more images of this one.

I would not call it an Akro but I think that your hard-lighting may have leared some folks toward Jabo.

Try some natural light images. There is a dimple in your third image and a flea bite on the second one that stears me away from Jabo.

I am getting a more vintage feel from this one.

Marble--On!!

This is just my feel/experience Dave. 
Jabo, are "softer glass" imho" More likely to bruise than get a small chip/fleabite. 
When I see flea bites or dimples I am always looking at a more vintage or a harder "cooked" marble. 
Vintage makers were making marbles to compete with actual stone agates. The more durable the better, given the times. The colors prove what they wanted to achieve, along with the assigned names from the history of earlier machine made marbles.
At 5/8" this would have to be a "stellar" Jabo. If it was closer to 1”, I might call it a Jabo myself.
I just call them like I see them.
Marble—On!!

• Like 1

cool thanks for the explanation /info Art 😎 i’ve only noticed a different kind of hit marks on old slags that leave the outside good but you can see the round crack underneath and mibs that were in mesh bag end up more damaged then ones that are in plastic bags some of the older Jabos might surprise some my avatar  is a 5/8 Jabo ✌️

I should have added the anealing or cooling process as well Dave. The slower that glass cools, the better the end product.

Check out these two videos, one from Jabo and one from a Chinese operation. The Jabo marbles are dumped together rather quickly and are of course more prone to "bruising".

Marble--On!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xLgJ0ZajrE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqQK5JY31qM

• Award 2

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

I would like to see some more images of this one.

I would not call it an Akro but I think that your hard-lighting may have leared some folks toward Jabo.

Try some natural light images. There is a dimple in your third image and a flea bite on the second one that stears me away from Jabo.

I am getting a more vintage feel from this one.

Marble--On!!

Not a great day for natural lighting, rather gloomy...I'll put some more up soon!