Akro Friday

On 11/5/2021 at 6:06 AM, Dave 13 said:

Thank you Chad your limeade patch looks super mint i like the eyelash look on them too 

yes Tommy has a killer blanket both your mibs are on my want list 

Thanks Dave had to have it 👍 needed a couple in the case 

image.png.2330f93cfd7155e217dcdc58b207fc3e.png                   "Happy Akro Friday"                  image.png.c8a2b42e69362c74e659f57b42c69fd3.png

Two pictures of the same Lemonade Oxblood. First one using a normal 40W light bulb. Second one using a 40W 5000K daylight bulb with a 95 CRI rating, a dramatic difference in the color, brightness'  & detail.  I had no idea until I started experimenting a bit with some different bulbs.

image.png.a0525b36baa0f8b31f01b51df7920b4f.png

image.png.53819b6799c2ab4535ce70da31f6684b.png

• Like 4

12 hours ago, mibcapper said:

i agree chad. lights make a very big difference in pic. i try to use natural light now instead of my light box with the mirrows. and i use the simple sony cybershot 200. does me excellent . bill ... :music-rocker-001:

akro trays -expermintals 052.JPG

akro trays -expermintals 012.JPG

akro trays -expermintals 031 - Copy.JPG

akro trays -expermintals 035.JPG

akro trays -expermintals 023 - Copy.JPG

akro trays -expermintals 029 - Copy.JPG

Great ashtrays mibcapper.

The first image is hands down THE BEST that I have ever seen. the rest are not too shabby either.

I wonder if they used spinner cups while filling these molds--amongst other glass that was Akro made---almost had to right?

Akro--On!!!

• Like 1

OK bare with me, I am quite exited about this one. I am a corkhead after all.

I have been back-filling a 100 count box of Akro Prize-names for the last 8-9 years and was held up for the last five years because of this marble, in this color combo.

Wait a minute, some may say, Prize-names are two color---do the research and find that cream based Prize-name’s were included in the sale brochures.

It is not red, it is not orange and it is not any color that I have been able to identify in any online spectrum or paint charts or from the numerous stores that I have visited and acquired samples from. It is simply an Akro Agate color that is not very common, even in Akro’s.

I have had a few Akro collectors tell me that various runs produce many colors close to this and you may never match this one-- It just takes time and perseverance---collect and be patient is all that I can say.

The box came with six of these, I needed ten, it took 8-9 years.

This is a very rare Akro corkscrew. I hope that the images do justice to it. I was fooled many times—too many times. (at least they were corkscrews)

What a great thing, to finish a goal—the filled box will follow this winter (winter is coming).

Marble—On!!!

Hard Prize.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

OK bare with me, I am quite exited about this one. I am a corkhead after all.

I have been back-filling a 100 count box of Akro Prize-names for the last 8-9 years and was held up for the last five years because of this marble, in this color combo.

Wait a minute, some may say, Prize-names are two color---do the research and find that cream based Prize-name’s were included in the sale brochures.

It is not red, it is not orange and it is not any color that I have been able to identify in any online spectrum or paint charts or from the numerous stores that I have visited and acquired samples from. It is simply an Akro Agate color that is not very common, even in Akro’s.

I have had a few Akro collectors tell me that various runs produce many colors close to this and you may never match this one-- It just takes time and perseverance---collect and be patient is all that I can say.

The box came with six of these, I needed ten, it took 8-9 years.

This is a very rare Akro corkscrew. I hope that the images do justice to it. I was fooled many times—too many times. (at least they were corkscrews)

What a great thing, to finish a goal—the filled box will follow this winter (winter is coming).

Marble—On!!!

Hard Prize.jpg

Are they all the same twist🤔

• Like 1