Akro Friday

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Just taking a nap here.

I couldn’t help it, this marble just looked like an eye closed to me, and so I played around and flipped it. I do not know which set of images was better so I posted both sets.

Blue Oxbloods are real sleepers.

They usually need to be lit-up with some form of artificial  light to really be revealed. This is my best shot of one yet. This one revealed itself better than most do.

Marble—On!!

A real sleeper.jpg

A real sleeper2.jpg

WHAT?!?!?  This is soooooooo Cooooooool!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, akroorka said:

Just taking a nap here.

I couldn’t help it, this marble just looked like an eye closed to me, and so I played around and flipped it. I do not know which set of images was better so I posted both sets.

Blue Oxbloods are real sleepers.

They usually need to be lit-up with some form of artificial  light to really be revealed. This is my best shot of one yet. This one revealed itself better than most do.

Marble—On!!

A real sleeper.jpg

A real sleeper2.jpg

That is just eye candy......💥💥💥🤯👏👏

• Haha 2

image.png.2b90f14d29aec224f785c47877c9e638.png                   "Happy Akro Friday"                      image.png.8b502f2ec332fa5ec94c4a0d547f4b43.png

image.png.21a1bb673a0f70848832460e0ecf11bc.png

A few pix I forgot to post last week from the box of Akroware 

image.thumb.png.8556434b8a31dfc5276fbcf37873a5fe.png

image.thumb.png.31b62781ad64ef067862a205c05a4b84.png

:wave2:

TGIF

• Like 4

Nice is the base on that pope

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Happy Akro Friday♥ Does anyone know the names of these? 1st one has me stomped? Thank you! 

Akro1.jpg

Akro2.jpg

Nice is the base on that popeye black or dark purple 🤔.  Very nice either way. I believe the black are htf..

The prize names are delicious also....👍

1 minute ago, akroorka said:

Hello Tommy,

The yellow and white one is the one I think you are asking about. Popeyes need to have a clear base glass to qualify. The second one looks like a Popeye patch.

Marble--On!!

Thanks akroorka....my pics got mixed up but yea the yellow and white was the one in question I figured it was not in the realm of Popeyes thanks for the confirmation 👍

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Happy Akro Friday♥ Does anyone know the names of these? 1st one has me stomped? Thank you! 

Akro1.jpg

Akro2.jpg

Hi Gladys,

The first one is a dark blue Popeye.

The other three have two “Tricolors” on each end and a nice four color corkscrew in the middle which is a very nice find.(some might argue five colors but I would have to see it in hand to go that far)

Marble—On!!!

• Award 1

14 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Hi Gladys,

The first one is a dark blue Popeye.

The other three have two “Tricolors” on each end and a nice four color corkscrew in the middle which is a very nice find.(some might argue five colors but I would have to see it in hand to go that far)

Marble—On!!!

Thank you so much! I just received them today! marble mail whoo-hoo got a lot for 20  and these where among them!! nice!!

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Nice is the base on that pope

Nice is the base on that popeye black or dark purple 🤔.  Very nice either way. I believe the black are htf..

The prize names are delicious also....👍

I had no idea that was a Pop-eye , but the color looks to be navy? thank you so much, I lucked out on them!

Here are a few images of what some folks may call a “Black Popeye”.

There is some clear in it and the wispy white is packed in pretty firmly. These do show up with more clear and more traditional wispiness.

I had to oil this one up a bit to get it imaged because the surface looks like it was in the ocean awhile.

I do not know that there is any real “Black” in glassmaking but as you can see, it sure looks black. The second set disproves that.

This “black” is very similar to the kind of color that we see in “Blue Oxbloods”. As a matter of fact there may be some oxblood buried in this one. Too deep for me to really find out but I think that I saw it in the viewfinder before I took several shots. The dark color just eats light up.

Marble—On!!!

Black one.jpg

Black two.jpg

• Like 2

Very few marble companies had true opaque black glass. But Akro is one who did and they made Popeyes with true black. I have see at least a dozen or more. I sold a Popeye hybrid with true black on Ebay a few months ago. It went to well known long time 40 years collector.  It was found in a quart jar of marbles at a antique shop in PA by Griff with three others that matched it. Of course not found by me. All went to different homes.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wvrons said:

Very few marble companies had true opaque black glass. But Akro is one who did and they made Popeyes with true black. I have see at least a dozen or more. I sold a Popeye hybrid with true black on Ebay a few months ago. It went to well known long time 40 years collector.  It was found in a quart jar of marbles at a antique shop in PA by Griff with three others that matched it. Of course not found by me. All went to different homes.  

Pics?