Akro Friday

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

It was always such a fun time. And the Belleville Inn made it even better!

That was where we stayed as well. Work has pretty well fried my brain. I have done energy audits on over 400 million SF of commercial properties nationwide since then.  My collecting is the only thing that can clear my thoughts and relieve my stress.

18 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

OMG, I didn’t recognize you🥴

that was a crazy time for me, thank you❤️❤️

NP, Brad, I got a pretty nice brown Alley flame for my touble. lol

I've got 335K miles on that Pilot now too!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ric said:

NP, Brad, I got a pretty nice brown Alley flame for my touble. lol

I've got 335K miles on that Pilot now too!

I seem to remember someone’s girlfriend stole an expensive marble (MK watermelon?) and tried to sell it 3 booths down. The buyer recognized it and she got busted…

3 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

I seem to remember someone’s girlfriend stole an expensive marble (MK watermelon?) and tried to sell it 3 booths down. The buyer recognized it and she got busted…

I can't remember if it was Jr. Ice's marble or if he was the guy she tried to sell it to, but I do remember that Jr. was involved. I think I sold Jr. a big overstuffed 4-color St. Mary's Cat's Eye at that show.

image.thumb.png.c1f6b60cc055671279413f7d6e7ce7c3.png

I looked at all my white based corks with the yellow corking strand & they each had some amount of clear in the white base, most so little you can't see it unless you backlight the mib and roll it around. Drat !! Foiled again, I thought for sure I had this one in the bag "NOT" :blink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, akroorka said:

These frames fold open and almost have what I would call a vacuum bag effect. The two sides stretch to fit what is inside and once you fold whatever you want to inside of the two sides, it kind-of clamps them into suspension.

Very cool and not too expensive. Made for jewelry or special badges I suspect. I have not overloaded these with marbles but as you can see they hold them quite nicely. I press my luck but I have my limits--lol.

Marble--On!!!

Thank you so much! I think I might have to try one!!

On 9/3/2021 at 10:14 AM, Ric said:

That's a nice story about some really great marbles!

image.png.e17b298543384375a42aa95c05856d7d.pngimage.png.81bfa75e381002ad6f1c55567525921c.png

Do you think the likelihood that these two marbles were made during different runs is low enough that you'd be comfortable calling them "same run" marbles?

Very nice indeed. I think that several could be from "the same run"

Marble--On!!!

On 9/3/2021 at 11:30 AM, Ric said:

Ric763.jpg

I purchased a pair of these from Les Jones the year before he passed, RIP Les, he could really fill a room. He would not budge a dollar--- at the end of the show.

I have seen one more since and it is in my collection. A really top notch Akro Patch.

Aventurine and Akro---Not a common phrase.

Marble--On!!! and Akro--On for sure!!

• Like 1

That’s an odd looking Cleary I thought to myself while doing some sorting the other day.

Well it’s a corkscrew completely buried in the glass. There is a cool “ghost cork” on the surface, made of the base glass, which covers the opaque buried cork all the way around.

The cutoff marks with lashes are three times wider than the “ghost cork” and the opaque cork that is buried. Beat up a bit but still very cool.

Injected Corkscrew?

Marble—On and Corkscrew on for sure!!!

Ghostcork1.JPG

Ghostcork3.JPG

Ghostcork5.JPG

• Like 4