Akro Friday

23 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Wish I could have made it to the show this year Brad, I have high hopes for next year !! Nice mibs Brother.

Haha, I didn’t make it this year either, got jammed up at home. I got it 2 or 3 years ago.

26 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Haha, I didn’t make it this year either, got jammed up at home. I got it 2 or 3 years ago.

Ah well, at least I wasn't the only no show, sometimes it seems life just gets in the way, especially when I make plans !!

4 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Technically AKRO…

bought from Joe when we had a booth at the 08 Sistersville show.

there was an older guy at the show selling his homemade cherry wine for $3 a bottle out of his trunk, thinking his name was Sonny??

0D859471-66C4-41A9-8EBD-FBB273D1B007.jpeg

A17C576B-D758-480B-9852-D332A85054A4.jpeg

Very cool.........I am assuming since you remember all that you did not buy the wine!!..... LOL

• Haha 1

The displays that I like are all up in arms, I will try anything.

These “float frames” hold marbles quite well and are really nice to put onto a window frame. Nothing beats looking at a bunch of Akro marbles in the sun—backlit—or (other marbles if you so desire) If your house has vibrations, I would not suggest these---no earthquakes here—just the occasional grandson or grand-daughter-I love these things.

Akro Friday seems to be overcast Friday for me—these images are the best that I could do. Sparklers really look great in this type of frame—Popeyes are the way to go today—so be it!

Marble—on!!  And display on as well!!!

Popeyes rule for sure

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XBTKPPR/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08XBTKPPR&pd_rd_w=jeYZf&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=E7uV9&pf_rd_r=9VS6N6YB395C4KZKTF30&pd_rd_r=327c924c-7450-4ac9-bea8-080907893f6d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1lWRDlNUU5ESlNWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTE2Mjc4R1lJU0o1QjYwNFVWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxODAzMzYySUFKQkRDU0UyUVdEJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

popeyewindow2.JPG

14 minutes ago, akroorka said:

The displays that I like are all up in arms, I will try anything.

These “float frames” hold marbles quite well and are really nice to put onto a window frame. Nothing beats looking at a bunch of Akro marbles in the sun—backlit—or (other marbles if you so desire) If your house has vibrations, I would not suggest these---no earthquakes here—just the occasional grandson or grand-daughter-I love these things.

Akro Friday seems to be overcast Friday for me—these images are the best that I could do. Sparklers really look great in this type of frame—Popeyes are the way to go today—so be it!

Marble—on!!  And display on as well!!!

Popeyes rule for sure

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XBTKPPR/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B08XBTKPPR&pd_rd_w=jeYZf&pf_rd_p=887084a2-5c34-4113-a4f8-b7947847c308&pd_rd_wg=E7uV9&pf_rd_r=9VS6N6YB395C4KZKTF30&pd_rd_r=327c924c-7450-4ac9-bea8-080907893f6d&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzM1lWRDlNUU5ESlNWJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTE2Mjc4R1lJU0o1QjYwNFVWJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxODAzMzYySUFKQkRDU0UyUVdEJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

popeyewindow2.JPG

I really really like this idea very nice!! but how do you get them to stay? Thank you

These frames fold open and almost have what I would call a vacuum bag effect. The two sides stretch to fit what is inside and once you fold whatever you want to inside of the two sides, it kind-of clamps them into suspension.

Very cool and not too expensive. Made for jewelry or special badges I suspect. I have not overloaded these with marbles but as you can see they hold them quite nicely. I press my luck but I have my limits--lol.

Marble--On!!!

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

These frames fold open and almost have what I would call a vacuum bag effect. The two sides stretch to fit what is inside and once you fold whatever you want to inside of the two sides, it kind-of clamps them into suspension.

Very cool and not too expensive. Made for jewelry or special badges I suspect. I have not overloaded these with marbles but as you can see they hold them quite nicely. I press my luck but I have my limits--lol.

Marble--On!!!

They present very well but I couldn’t stand it. I need to hold and caress my marbles🤣🤣🤣

my wall cases have plexiglas slides for earthquake protection (PNW), and usually get into them every day.

87D719BB-4315-4BB4-9D99-631D80B72F43.jpeg

• Like 1

Home made wine and Sistersville show = Junior Ice or Sonny Miller. With the marble made from cullet it would be Sonny Miller.  He always setup in front of the only hotel in Sistersville. I never missed a single Sistersville show. That is where I bought my first marbles, Ravenswood's. From Faye Safreed, her father was the main person or employee at Ravenswood Novelty since the first day until it closed.  I always talked my parents into buying my marbles as a kid. Sistersville was my start with collecting and researching marbles. Then my fist research and questions began and Sammy Hogue appeared, and the next 25 years is history. 

35 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Home made wine and Sistersville show = Junior Ice or Sonny Miller. With the marble made from cullet it would be Sonny Miller.  He always setup in front of the only hotel in Sistersville. I never missed a single Sistersville show. That is where I bought my first marbles, Ravenswood's. From Faye Safreed, her father was the main person or employee at Ravenswood Novelty since the first day until it closed.  I always talked my parents into buying my marbles as a kid. Sistersville was my start with collecting and researching marbles. Then my fist research and questions began and Sammy Hogue appeared, and the next 25 years is history. 

The show was great fun, my first outing since I got divorced. I sold you a box of Vitro No. 0 game marbles there. Don’t the pics anymore, my old PC bit the dust.

I’m not sure where Joe got the cullet from, he was working in Atlanta, had just starting out making marbles. We teamed up online, I flew in to Atlanta and we drove up in a van he had rented. Stopped at the Blenko factory and I bought a billet of sea green glass for him to work with. He made a big clearie for me from it, a prize piece. Flights got screwed up and I hitched a ride with someone from the show up to Columbus to fly home.

I have tried several times to get there for a show but the work thing never allowed it to happen. Someday…