Akro Friday

Here are some pots and various items that we keep on the back screen porch. The mice do not seem to bother them in the winter as they do everything else---I need a more ferocious cat for sure. He (Ragnar) is gentle compared to my previous eater/enjoyer(Larry) of rodents and the meat that they provide.

Akroware--On!!!

backporchpots.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Here are some pots and various items that we keep on the back screen porch . . .

That's a nice collection. What is that blue tray on the second shelf nestled into? Is it a WPA project?

• Like 1

"What is that blue tray on the second shelf nestled into? Is it a WPA project?"

Yes Ric, it is one of those I just recently learned about on this board, a great find without even knowing about it until just lately. I had always pictured someone just getting crafty with an akro piece. We have another with one of those little polar bears on it too.

My wife and I used to manage a county park that was filled with WPA stone work. Amazing stuff with animals and dinosaurs fitted into the stone work walls, one or two had marbles for eyes. Sadly it was all knocked down in the name of progress. Really sad---

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

"What is that blue tray on the second shelf nestled into? Is it a WPA project?"

Yes Ric, it is one of those I just recently learned about on this board, a great find without even knowing about it until just lately. I had always pictured someone just getting crafty with an akro piece. We have another with one of those little polar bears on it too.

My wife and I used to manage a county park that was filled with WPA stone work. Amazing stuff with animals and dinosaurs fitted into the stone work walls, one or two had marbles for eyes. Sadly it was all knocked down in the name of progress. Really sad---

Marble--On!!

Was it this pic? Glad to have been able to share.0EE7905C-97ED-4C29-B14D-6DA34F3A421E.thumb.jpeg.c2ad3d5323cc5424c9ba3f0b3a3f9a22.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Award 1

6 hours ago, Mojo said:

🅰️KR🅾️ FRIDAY

Nice selection and great pics, Joep!

1 hour ago, Akro75 said:

20210827_082431.jpg

Those red and blues look great in the Akroware - looks like a fourth of July post!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.2037ccfe39c382de94d08dc4ce3c1b44.png                                           "Happy Akro Friday"     

image.png.36a2d849caac3d3d96dd75402ac35d18.png

Nice group, Chad - they always look extra nice when you get a few good ones together!

Part of a nice score I made last week. All akros in this bunch, 2 double ingots, 2 red onyx corks, 5 prizenames, 2 big ades, 3 patches, a crow & one snake. All mint except the blue snake & the crow. I was very pleased, it had been a while since I had go any nice mibs, this part of over 100 varying manufactures I got in this lot.

image.png.c5cbb1f5c3615890e648a4415b7ba182.png

• Like 2

A look inside the mind of a “corkhead”
I could have sworn that the seed packet said Akro on it and I have picked marbles out of the garden before. I though well,---maaaybee.
 Drats, this is what came up---Okraakro??
Okra—On!!!

okraakro.JPG

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, akroorka said:

I could have sworn that the seed packet said Akro on it and I have picked marbles out of the garden before. I though well,---maaaybee.
Okra—On!!!

okraakro.JPG

Fire up the fry pan, fried Okra for supper !!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Okra—On!!!

okraakro.JPG

Too funny - it looks like there might be a lazy okra in there.

• Like 1