Akro Friday

Here are some same run corks that I have put together over the years. Simplicity at it's greatest. Funny how you can get a few here and a few there and have them come back together like siblings. Also funny how you can forget a persons name and remember a marble--scary---- but  I love doing this kind of stuff!

Marble--on!!

sameruncorks.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:26 AM, Mojo said:

Thank God its Friday

Few Arkro i have got from friends in the USA

20210806_081335.jpg

20210806_082151.jpg

20210806_082241.jpg

20210806_082328.jpg

20210806_082406.jpg

Just a tip--

Your 3rd set of images and the bottom left on the last set—inspect corkscrews with this color closely because they often have a streak of oxblood below the surface of the blue. “Blue ox-bloods” often have the oxblood buried below the blue.

Marble—on!!

9 minutes ago, akroorka said:

inspect corkscrews with this color closely because they often have a streak of oxblood below the surface of the blue.

It's tough to capture in a photo . . .

Ric343.jpg

If you don't look really closely, it can look like a very dark blue/black in hand (left).

47 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Here are some same run corks that I have put together over the years. Simplicity at it's greatest. Funny how you can get a few here and a few there and have them come back together like siblings. Also funny how you can forget a persons name and remember a marble--scary---- but  I love doing this kind of stuff!

Marble--on!!

sameruncorks.JPG

Nice group of big ones! And I am with you, there are few things that I enjoy more than sorting marbles!

1 hour ago, Ric said:

It's tough to capture in a photo . . .

Ric343.jpg

If you don't look really closely, it can look like a very dark blue/black in hand (left).

You did well to show this in your imaging ric--once in a while the oxblood shows itself beyond the blue-ish. Look real hard at these and they may not be quite as rare as one may think. Not common for sure but findable if you look hard under intense light.

Marble--on!! and use a good light!

Here is a link to my favorite light for checking out marbles---rechargable and intense---great value for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K27MCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

26 minutes ago, akroorka said:

You did well to show this in your imaging ric--once in a while the oxblood shows itself beyond the blue-ish. Look real hard at these and they may not be quite as rare as one may think. Not common for sure but findable if you look hard under intense light.

Marble--on!! and use a good light!

Here is a link to my favorite light for checking out marbles---rechargable and intense---great value for sure.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072K27MCK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for the information 👍😀

• Like 1

image.png.d5862995f4d5a77082ae682c5e0080f9.png                            "Happy Akro Friday"                          image.png.ef170ae6afb06d6fcab9eea2b0f04bc4.png                                                  

image.png.5cd9651f6c3b97f7b2a9a510414e37db.png              The big "A" little "A" is the earliest known mark of the "Akro Agate Company" and is very rarely seen. I had some with this mark in the past but haven't seen it in quite a while, something I've been looking for as of late.            image.png.85de7f288680a493695c9456a246419e.png                                 

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.d5862995f4d5a77082ae682c5e0080f9.png                            "Happy Akro Friday"                          image.png.ef170ae6afb06d6fcab9eea2b0f04bc4.png                                                                                         

Nice marbles, and congratulations on the "Double A" find!

• Award 1

6 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.5cd9651f6c3b97f7b2a9a510414e37db.png              The big "A" little "A" is the earliest known mark of the "Akro Agate Company" and is very rarely seen. I had some with this mark in the past but haven't seen it in quite a while, something I've been looking for as of late.            image.png.85de7f288680a493695c9456a246419e.png                                 

WOW that is so cool !! 

18 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Had no idea that Akro made swirls?are you pulling my leg?

lol, no leg-pulling here. Akro did not make swirls, on purpose anyway, which is probably why these were buried. But being a swirl collector, they were interesting to me. Having said that, some of Akro's marbles are definitely swirly - think of some of the egg-yolks you've seen.