Akro Friday

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

Hard to find and not marked--the elusive one handled basket---a nice pair for sure.

One handle1.JPG

I have a two handled one, also unmarked, hard enough to find these w/o chips let alone the one handled. I've found 2 but one had half the handle missing and the other had a handle broke into multiple pieces, can't remember but I believe a chunk was still missing, someone really "handled" these with kid gloves,  very Nice !!

• Award 1

5 hours ago, akroorka said:

That’s an odd looking Cleary I thought to myself while doing some sorting the other day.

Well it’s a corkscrew completely buried in the glass. There is a cool “ghost cork” on the surface, made of the base glass, which covers the opaque buried cork all the way around.

The cutoff marks with lashes are three times wider than the “ghost cork” and the opaque cork that is buried. Beat up a bit but still very cool.

Injected Corkscrew?

Marble—On and Corkscrew on for sure!!!

Ghostcork1.JPG

Ghostcork3.JPG

Ghostcork5.JPG

Wow! that is so neat!! very cool!

20 minutes ago, akroorka said:

The one handle baskets were hard to make and hard to keep intact once made. If you do find one check for glued handles.

I have some two handle that I will post later. The two handle is one of the molds that has been purchased and reproduced.

Akro--On!!!

I don't think this is a repop but it might be ?? Unmarked as well !!

DSC03935.JPG

DSC03937.JPG

DSC03940.JPG

A obscure Akro w/ a little tracer line of oxblood running down one side and  very fine scattered silver & black av. probably a relative of the Royal considering the structure and presence of inferior black av. , one of my favorites though !!

15.PNG

27 (2).PNG

28 (2).PNG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

A obscure Akro w/ a little tracer line of oxblood running down one side and  very fine scattered silver & black av. probably a relative of the Royal considering the structure and presence of inferior black av. , one of my favorites though !!

15.PNG

27 (2).PNG

28 (2).PNG

NICE!!