Akro Friday

4 minutes ago, akroorka said:

Good eye Ric,

It is starting to look like a corkscrew. I already ate it and it does not taste like one.

Fiber--On!!!

I ate a few marbles when I was a kid - they look pretty cool on x-ray film.

And I got 'em back a few days later.

• Like 1

This is the best example of what I have seen in my hand of what has been discussed on this board in previous posts/years behind us. An Opaque Sparkler.

I know what many will think—but the colors are obvious to me. It is ¾” and really a very nice example of a larger Akro Agate Sparkler. I wish that the sun was out today to get a better group of images. This is what I could provide to the best of my abilities today.

Sparklers—On and marble –On as well!!!

OpaqueSparkle1.JPG

OpaqueSparkle2.JPG

OpaqueSparkle3.JPG

OpaqueSparkle4.JPG

OpaqueSparkle5.JPG

OpaqueSparkle6.JPG

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This is the best example of what I have seen in my hand of what has been discussed on this board in previous posts/years behind us. An Opaque Sparkler.

OpaqueSparkle6.JPG

It is a dandy marble and, at 3/4", it's a rare one.

• Award 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

I know what many will think—but the colors are obvious to me. It is ¾” and really a very nice example of a larger Akro Agate Sparkler. I wish that the sun was out today to get a better group of images. This is what I could provide to the best of my abilities today.

OpaqueSparkle1.JPG

OpaqueSparkle2.JPG

OpaqueSparkle3.JPG

OpaqueSparkle4.JPG

OpaqueSparkle5.JPG

OpaqueSparkle6.JPG

Very Pretty♥

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

OpaqueSparkle1.JPG

OpaqueSparkle2.JPG

OpaqueSparkle3.JPG

OpaqueSparkle4.JPG

OpaqueSparkle5.JPG

OpaqueSparkle6.JPG

Yea buddy........awesome Akro eye 🍬🍫🍭🍬🍫🍭🍬🍫🍭🍬

• Award 1

Goodmorning America !!!

Its Friday here now 05:15 AM

Getting ready for work but first.....

HAPPY AKRO FRIDAY 🥳🎉

Love Corksrews ....really one of my favorit marbles...wish i had more....never enough 

Lazy cork and the blood and bones and a common i like to show today 

Have a nice day ✌😎👍

20210903_050944.jpg

20210903_051049.jpg

20210903_051139.jpg

• Like 2

Happy Akro Friday. These are some of the first known box of Akros from Clarksburg to my knowledge from Roger Hardys collection that I took a photo of a few weeks ago (not in his book). They are extremely extremely extremely HTF. Probably have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than finding one of these in the wild. 

51379754907_2bbb9fbe77_k.jpgUntitled by Pittsburgh Marbles, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Award 1

On 8/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, akroorka said:

About 20+ years ago, Roger Hardy sold "Opaque Sparklers" that he purchased directly from a former Akro Agate employee who thought them special and took some home.  What Roger had for sale of these were all mint since they went from the production floor to the employee's home.  I am fairly certain Roger sold these at only one New Philly show and not again.  He didn't have all that many.

KR4Uj4.jpg

YT4nuJ.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Chad G. said:

image.png.a59547617c1f00aa714c10c793d815de.png

I brought backup this time !! Where's the rest of me mibs   :pirate: ?????

image.png.9b8191527517fc85d986ce1111a14c31.png

Relax Mr Popeye 😳......i found some ✌

Added a few others also .....u dont need to open that can of spinache 👊😎👍

20210903_151812.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alan said:

KR4Uj4.jpg

That's a nice story about some really great marbles!

image.png.e17b298543384375a42aa95c05856d7d.pngimage.png.81bfa75e381002ad6f1c55567525921c.png

Do you think the likelihood that these two marbles were made during different runs is low enough that you'd be comfortable calling them "same run" marbles?