Akro Friday

16 minutes ago, disco005 said:

I will take your advise on the Akro ware :D I spend enough on mibs.
Beauties all, Chad, your 'basic' Akros I love them! In my mind, they're all almost a hundred years old, and were designed to be children's toys. I am charmed by all of them.

Here is a new addition to my collection, there is so much going on with it I won't even try to give it an identifying name. I'm really just happy to call it mine lol.

UV, corkscrew, Eggyolk, inky Blue, and it was sold to me as an Oxblood, which I'm cool with given the opaqueness in the Black light photo, there's at least a stripe of it.

Eggyolk_UV_5_8.jpg

Those dull shears sure left some nice dark lashes on this one, a multi directional blinking beauty  :thup:  Outstanding example !!

Endless !! A great fit and one up on me also, man I gotta get one of those clip on macros, their incredible,. By the way exactly how close can you get with that or should I say how much will it magnify something, just a little off subject question ?? here's a pic just to stay in step. One to light the way in this Christmas season.

image.png.fd9fdc9236d54af6f911822cae9592e2.png

• Like 1

Nice glower there! And I love striated clear glass.

The lens itself is a 15x macro, there is also the digital zoom on the phone.

The first photo below is the lens, the second and third are the digital zoom on my camera.
I'm sure it would probably be clearer if I used a tripod though ^_^

*Edit to add size: 19/32"

20201210_071308.jpg

20201210_071319.jpg

20201210_071333.jpg

Great pics, yes I found a tripod a necessity, even your heart beat can make for a fuzzy pic, all the time I get lazy and try to go free hand and after several attempts I finally get it. Generally speaking I only use the tripod for a large group of pics! but yes a definite plus, when I bought my tripod it cut hours into minutes. Thank you for the pictorial Jess, That lens was well worth the money 10 times over, at least. Oop ! another pic, I'll stick with the uv. Ade glass this time.

Chad G.

image.png.d14bf6b6b5360d56bc9c07f72307f1e3.png

image.png.8102fb7e071b69d162e90f0f6c0d4b50.png

It's a great day for marblin' 

I see you beat me to it Chad! :party-780: Fantastic Akros above, I especially like that Yellow snake. Spirals are my favorite.

One thing about this lens, it makes pocket wear look like major damage, these look fine in hand.
 - A Red, Blue, and Green on Orange cork 21/32"
 - A light Blue cork on Brown with a metallic surprise I had no idea was there until these photos 19/32"

Red Blue Green Orange_21_32.jpg

Blue Brown Metallic_19_32.jpg

Here's another late one to add. It has a duller, pocketwear surface, but also the surface texture. 
Not sure why that bottom left photo turned out so much more vivid than the other photos, maybe that's what all the photos would look like with a tripod?
I like the Ivory color, thought it was unusual enough to add here.

Bones_5_8.jpg

I'm getting a little low on Akro, another couple weeks and I'll have to buy some new marbles. Maybe it was in the ground a long time, Where did you get it, either that or dirty rollers can also make that streaking effect along the flow of the glass, or!! the glass was a little cold. In any case A great Akro :thup: I'll bet you that's just the same way it left the factory minus the pocket wear, I've had several supermen with that same surface.

Glad you like the other corks Jess :party-243:

Chad

I know I have this bug bite that's been itching me for over 30 years :dunno:the only thing that relives the itch is to rub some fresh marbles on it, a very strange affliction with an even stranger cure :confused-smileys-327: their also seems to be some kind of weird addictive behavior that goes along with it. Maybe make another post and open another :worms:  Thank you for the kind words :party-243: I wonder just how many emojis I can use in one post:blink:

On 12/12/2020 at 8:49 AM, Chad G. said:

I know I have this bug bite that's been itching me for over 30 years :dunno:the only thing that relives the itch is to rub some fresh marbles on it, a very strange affliction with an even stranger cure :confused-smileys-327: their also seems to be some kind of weird addictive behavior that goes along with it. Maybe make another post and open another :worms:  Thank you for the kind words :party-243: I wonder just how many emojis I can use in one post:blink:

:rolleye-842:I've had that same bug bite for about 16 years, and the only relief is fresh Akros :rolleye-842:

15 minutes ago, disco005 said:

Different. A lot of the black streaks found in Oxblood, and very little Oxblood :confused-smileys-17:

Just a hair under 5/8"

Blue Ox_5_8.jpg

if you cant see through the black streaks when backlit it's still oxblood just exposed to high heat a little to long " Burnt"  I been told if you get it hot enough for long enough it will break down all the way and become clear.