Peltier Green Fizz on ebay

OK. Seriously, this is not a joke of some kind! What a dolt I have been... it truly izzzz a Peltier Green Fizz!!! Perhaps someday I'll write about why this Green Fizz wasn't showing any UV reaction, but for now it's just too embarrassing! Here are photos of the little beast:

Fourth photo down the aventurine is visible as the little sparkles. It's not much, yet there it is. At least we all know what a Peltier Green Fizz is. Thanks to all who were so supportive in this ID. I'll be listing it tonight.

IMG_1173.jpeg

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

IMG_1177.jpeg

IMG_1178.jpeg

IMG_1179.jpeg

IMG_1180.jpeg

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1183.jpeg

IMG_2365.jpeg

IMG_2367.jpeg

IMG_2368.jpeg

14 minutes ago, rockgardenplants said:

Well, what do you think it is? 🙂

The av is the slightly darker green swirl on the first few pics.

If the base reacts to UV it's a green fizz, if not a rainbo w/ av IMO, the base uv reaction in a green fizz is a qualifier as far as I know. I'm still trying to see the sparkle of av. ?? I have it on my 32" monitor and see the darker green you're talking about but no sparkle, that or any dark green colorant that might be present ??  :dunno:

I copied and pasted this from one of the links provided:

"The Green Fizz has white ribbons that have hard edges, almost like a sheet of white plastic is embedded inside the marble. That's the first identifying feature I look for. The second feature is that the base glass is not pure green. It is actually clear glass and green glass intertwined. The green leans toward the chartreuse side, giving it an "antifreeze" look. The third feature is that it should have bubbles, like any good transparent Pelt ought to. Otherwise, where is the fizz?"

The aventurine is certainly not like the photo below. It's only in the slightly darker curl in the first and second photos.

If the buyer isn't pleased with their auction win the marble can always be returned for a full refund. Not worried. 😃

Peltier-GReen-Fizz-Aventurine.png

4 hours ago, rockgardenplants said:

I copied and pasted this from one of the links provided:

"The Green Fizz has white ribbons that have hard edges, almost like a sheet of white plastic is embedded inside the marble. That's the first identifying feature I look for. The second feature is that the base glass is not pure green. It is actually clear glass and green glass intertwined. The green leans toward the chartreuse side, giving it an "antifreeze" look. The third feature is that it should have bubbles, like any good transparent Pelt ought to. Otherwise, where is the fizz?"

The aventurine is certainly not like the photo below. It's only in the slightly darker curl in the first and second photos.

If the buyer isn't pleased with their auction win the marble can always be returned for a full refund. Not worried. 😃

Peltier-GReen-Fizz-Aventurine.png

Wow !! Guess it depends on which opinion ya go by ?? I was goin by the majority, I know a couple people w/ fizzes and they glow like crazy and they never mentioned av. I'm as lost as you after reading your post !! Maybe @cheese will pop by ??

I have had two or three Green Fizz. Nola has some. They should glow and bright. I think some have small fine aventurine and some do not. The last few I saw sold were about $100.00-$150.00.  There is also a Purple Fizz. But I have never seen one for sale.  I do not see big numbers but I do see two or three a year at six or eight shows a year. 

• Award 1

3 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I have had two or three Green Fizz. Nola has some. They should glow and bright. I think some have small fine aventurine and some do not. The last few I saw sold were about $100.00-$150.00.  There is also a Purple Fizz. But I have never seen one for sale.  I do not see big numbers but I do see two or three a year at six or eight shows a year. 

Thank you Ron 👍

I agree the marble on Ebay is a green fizz. They do have clear base with bubbles that glows, antifreeze green ribbons which may or may not have AV, and the white. The white does tend to move like a sheet in the base but can fan out on the surface. Here's mine.

Rare and Hard to Find | peltiermarblesinfo

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cheese said:

I agree the marble on Ebay is a green fizz. They do have clear base with bubbles that glows, antifreeze green ribbons which may or may not have AV, and the white. The white does tend to move like a sheet in the base but can fan out on the surface. Here's mine.

Rare and Hard to Find | peltiermarblesinfo

Nice photo. It shows the proper color separations.

Ok, we have an answer and I got a much nicer black light out of it. I didn’t want to commit to answering right away because the black light that I’ve used in my photos is very near death. I mean the little “black” individual lights wouldn’t light up the marble enough to be convincing. Bought a much nicer one, flipped the switch and…

I don’t think that it iz a fizz. If I search around the marble at different angles I think I see a glimmer of glow but I doubt myself. I should have done homework on this special of a marble. I honestly did not know that fluorescence was a key factor in determining a fizz, green or purple. 

I have over 5,000 marbles from my late Dad’s collection and a significant number of them fluoresce. I thought nothing (there’s the problem right there) of whether this Peltier glowed or not and listed it as a fizz since it looked just like the fizzes photos I found. 

So, this is on me. I believe that the ethical thing to do would be to cancel the auction and relist it with the correct title (when the sun is up… it’s 3:08 am).

I’m glad that I had this experience. Sometimes in learning marbles, we learn that it’s not always about the glass. Sometimes it’s knowing how amazingly kind people can be when there is an issue that should be addressed.

Peace,

orange_orbital (James)

• Award 2