Largest size Peltier slag marble?

14 minutes ago, machinemades said:

Largest feathered Peltier slag I have seen was 1”.

Thanks for dropin in Sami   :)  I've seen some bigger than the one I have but all really beat up, not worth enev having, guess I'm picky ??

1 hour ago, slagmarble said:

A serious question...I'd go a completely different direction with the slag in the s&s thread so, what would I be looking for in traits on a bonafide peltier slag at 1" +/-?

All I know is that Billy put this in the hands of quite a few Pelt gurus and the consensus was that it is a Peltier Cerise. I also know that when it was set on top of a group Cerises in a box he had, it fit right in color and pattern wise, even though it was much larger than the others. What direction would you have taken it?

On 8/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, mibcapper said:

a few better pics of this marble. a bit over 1" ...i'll try and make the story short ... several yrs. back, ??? at the canton show, this marble was put on the floor for opinions as to maker and label 1 afternoon, in front of several notable peltier collectors, past and present, who post here also, plus the promoter of the show .... all came back with same conclusion.. peltier cerise. wasn't my 1st. choice on buy .. but after my doubts, let other opinions convince me otherwise. bill

The first slags Peltier made were not feathered.  Not all Pelt slags are feathered style. The question was, largest size Peltier slag ?  Not just feathered slag.   Peltier's first marbles were hand gathered slags. Chad said above he has near one inch size dug hand gathered slags. 

German, and that's going off a couple photos

As a side note all I'm interested in is some additional photos to try and understand why people feel the way they do.  If I threw a couple cerise out of a box into a big pile of reds of comparable pattern and size I wouldn't be able to tell the difference and this is specifically what I collect.  If there's a way to differentiate I'd like to learn and if big ones exist I'd like to see those to learn as well.  Who knows maybe I already own one and assumed it was something else

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, slagmarble said:

As a side note all I'm interested in is some additional photos . . .

These are three photos from the posts I mentioned. I thought it might be helpful to have them all in one place. I have a lot of Billy's old photos and I'll check to see if I can find others, but I sort of doubt it. And for my own education, I'd appreciate seeing some of those similar German slags.

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/625704505_peltiercerise.1-1sixteenthin..JPG.3d984cd0ea477897cfefce90a1b685d4.JPG

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/368991661_peltiercerise.1-1sixteenthin.(2).JPG.8ea87f5606bb51f8760823e8ec4176f9.JPG

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2020_08/1776841999_peltiercerise.1-1sixteenthin..JPG.48cdee9f81e2ff96b255603e66cf3891.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IowaMarble said:

Left is 3/4", right is 5/8".

IMG_0361 copy.jpg

Nice Pelts Chad  :thup: all the larger size ones I've ever found have been beat into submission except the one I have.  The large ones are definitely not an easily  acquired item.

• Thanks 1