Picked this up at an antique store yesterday

w8ingnthebushes

Guineas rarely came in 3/4” size.  Usually you see more stretching of the colors and no dark spots in the centers of the color specks in true Guineas.  You need to look at a lot of true CAC marbles to appreciate the difference with the many copycats, as they are heavily copied.

19 minutes ago, Carowill said:

Guineas rarely came in 3/4” size.  Usually you see more stretching of the colors and no dark spots in the centers of the color specks in true Guineas.  You need to look at a lot of true CAC marbles to appreciate the difference with the many copycats, as they are heavily copied.

Starting from the top the 4th one to the right looks like my marble. And you say “rarely” which means that they do right? And “usually” also means that they do though? Right? I’ll do some more research, and it’s very possible that I just don’t want it to be a reproduction. But it’s also possible that other don’t want it to be genuine as well. I’ve read that CAC’s are known to come in 1 and 2 seams, as well as no seam at all. The colors look right according to the picture you provided and the marvel I pointed out. 

Agree this is not the place for misinformation, straight shooters here only...👍

I think a Guinea is harder to find in the wild than a gold nugget....lol

There is a reason there are so many copies, 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, w8ingnthebushes said:

. . . But it’s also possible that other don’t want it to be genuine as well. . .

That's a borderline rude thing to say, since you are talking to people who are trying to help you. Why would someone not want your marble to be guinea? If you don't want honest responses, I recommend you not ask for ID help.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, w8ingnthebushes said:

Starting from the top the 4th one to the right looks like my marble. And you say “rarely” which means that they do right? And “usually” also means that they do though? Right? I’ll do some more research, and it’s very possible that I just don’t want it to be a reproduction. But it’s also possible that other don’t want it to be genuine as well. I’ve read that CAC’s are known to come in 1 and 2 seams, as well as no seam at all. The colors look right according to the picture you provided and the marvel I pointed out. 

You're correct now on a few points you made. , You could not see any cut offs and you don't want it to be a fake.

Yet what you studied apparently is what's of the hardest to learn about them. The reason, as well, you see no difference in the photos given.  Albeit the two with tiny spots, I would need to have in my hands to believe them. You can't tell one from the other because you either need very large, high graphic photos of all sides to inspect and learn from or own the real things. 

These don't cost a major chunk of change for being plentiful. What's worse, 3/4" size triples the rarity and green too is next to impossible. 

Which means, if you didn't get had, taken for a ride, ripped off, you would not be the first, nor the seller know or understand the difference in a fake and real. 

And there's this, I do not think a green base that big has ever been discovered and green in 5/8? super rare. What you are just learning about is not just about fakes but rarity and value. Like, IDK what a market for  real one like your fake would be but, likely in the range of $5,000 and possibly $10K!

I.E. no you did not get lucky rather, do a better search because fakes and reproduction torch made or Germany, Europe, Mexico,  fake USA, and China made are all over the place. Not to leave out Fake boxes too.  ;(. 

8 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

. . .  the two with tiny spots, I would need to have in my hands to believe them. . .

I have had a couple of these in hand (not these particular marbles) and was confident that they were authentic. I think the theory is that they were made when "scrapping the bottom of the frit barrel", so to speak, and that seems plausible to me.

4 hours ago, w8ingnthebushes said:

It’s got a translucent green base and it’s very hard to detect a seam on this one, if it has one it’s not obvious to me. 

Back to the original post—Please.
I do not think that you stepped on too many toes here. 
You have purchased a guinea marble enough said, It just is not a CAC Guinea.
I have purchased fake guinea’s myself. I know what the originals are; I just get them for future ID.
I remember back when I was about 17 years old. I purchased a Van Gogh that I thought might be an original print—“Sunflowers”. LOL I still love it but I learned a lot after that purchase.
Guinea’s are probably the most imitated marble ever known. Every glass maker that knows their stuff probably has tried to make one. 
As far as rarity—yep they are rare if you compare them to an Akro “Egg Yolk and Oxblood”.
There are plenty out there yet, you just have to learn the trade.
I hope that you did not jump on this one with too many dollars. My first purchase of what I thought was a  CAC guinea was about forty years ago—it was a very dusty Vacor—lol.
Live and learn my marble collecting friend.
Let’s just keep it nice, we all are here to help—not discourage in any way.
We have all suffered defeat and we have all learned from it.
Imho yours is a nicely made USA torch made guinea, someone tried very hard.
Marble—On!!

• Like 3
  • Award 2