Picked this up at an antique store yesterday

w8ingnthebushes

1 hour ago, Melissa said:

I just don’t get why people come here and ask if they really don’t care. :wacko:

Hi Melissa I’ve being on the boards 3 years now, and see this a few times a year and yes it’s terrible. I only hope that new buyers do there research 1st 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melissa said:

I just don’t get why people come here and ask if they really don’t care. :wacko:

This person was just looking for any shred of validation for their confirmation bias - I am glad they didn't find it here.

• Like 1

When they said some people will want it to be fake, the cat was already out of the bag. It started with wanting proof or references as to why we said fake. Who else to ask but here? That's like asking NASA a space travel question and then doubting their answer and asking for references lol. Then the statement about some of us wanting it to be fake reveals that any validating answer would be accepted and any naysayer would be dismissed as invalid.

• Award 2

Lol I agree! And I'm not trying to sound like this place is the end-all/know-all with that previous statement, but it's true. Where else can you ask such a broad knowledge base about marbles than here or AAM? Nowhere. This was the best place for the best answer and out the window it went because it wasn't the answer they wanted to hear. Money, money, money. Bait the hook and try to take someone else's I guess. No thanks. Did Chocomibs change his name again?

• Haha 1
  • Award 1

The two marble sites that if you really want to know some marble history and  deep dive into it...there is not a better place to learn and get honest information even if you don't want to hear your beat up marbles are good for sling shot ammo....lol....

I mostly lurk on aam ...thanks cheese for all you provide to this community of marble collectors :clap2:

• Haha 1