Bennington marbles in original packaging?

Definitely something different that I've not seen before. It's hard to tell how big it might have been originally. My best guess would be it's some sort of a warmer - hang it near the fire to warm it up and use it like a heating pad, or put it at the foot of your bed on a cold night maybe . . .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steph said:

Love it ... whatever it is.

Me too, I could just see me rubbing my feet on it after a hard day---Then washing the marbles and enjoying them as what they are.
"Benies" the Chickadees’ of the marble world, who does not love them.
Come to think of it, some big old marbles rolled under my feet right now would feel pretty good
Marble—On!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, schmoozer said:

Like most packaged mibs, the question is…Do you open it?

No, no, no!  LOL  

This would go in my personal museum with a printed explanation of its history and purpose ... after I figured out what that was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Other than the two shown, maybe the rest aren't bennies?

What else would they be? Assuming the era is correct, you would be looking at cane marbles? Why would someone hide cane marbles?

Maybe the rest are Pink Beningtons  ...   :ROFL:

Let er rip ... It's only gonna cost ya $500.oo smackers to find out ????????

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

Maybe the rest are Pink Beningtons  ...   :ROFL:

Let er rip ... It's only gonna cost ya $500.oo smackers to find out ????????

That was my thought!!!image.png.91c11e49f971d6007004e6faf17f8917.png

Appears to be a small piece of a commercially made canvas weighted blanket. At least, that's the first thing that came to my mind. However, according to google search, weighted blankets weren't invented until 1992 and are for therapeutic uses. Aside from health issues, I could imagine a means to insulate heat or cooling, and or weighing it down for travel. In the meantime, I'd say whoever thought it's an 1992 first, with exception of a therapy, is at least 100 years off the mark.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IowaMarble said:

If you figure it out, please let me know.  I’ve always been curious as well.

A88F7F83-2B25-4C6B-9788-8FD7AF32D5F1.jpeg

Obviously and why I think it's industrially made 'weighted blanket.' it's a piece of your puzzle.

On a side of this canvas (photo of each side; upper and lower below) is a well fashioned closed end.

Maybe, if one could think of what it's called, 'Weighted' or something, there's patent listed for them.

il_1588xN.4634702040_hay5.jpg

il_1588xN.4682937881_5492.jpg

il_1588xN.4682937863_1bit.jpg

• Award 1

8 hours ago, IowaMarble said:

If you figure it out, please let me know.  I’ve always been curious as well.

It that original or did you clean it or bleach it--Nice find IowaMarble!---regardlesss.

I would be very tempted--you did well.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1