wild gold boulder

davesnothere

1 hour ago, davesnothere said:

1.23"  Came in a large lot of German Mades .

Perhaps our Dutch friend @Mojocan help with this one.

9 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

kinda iridescent finish

I agree with Chad--it does look like an iridescent finish to me as well--machine made--no doubt.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davesnothere said:

shitty cold rolls

These can be an attractive part to marble collecting or collectors.

Defects are highly collectable in monetary collections--why not marbles?

Not all of us can afford high end marbles and I will not pretend to be a high end collector.
I just love a good Jabo “Butt Crack”.
Here is one that I received in a recent trade. It is a 2/3rds butt crack staring right at you--I just Love it!!

Collect what you like and of course--
Marble—On!!

final.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well if you guys think its a vacor then im stumped.

Story here!

This lot had been in a 1900s -1915 flour sack that was stained from the mibs indents . i had to toss it too far gone As Found im an antique dealer hound this is what i do for fun .  Now im curious. so i did look under a loupe this Mib has been wet for a while and developed some iridescent qualities from mineral stains .. Im sticking with my euro mystery. Its not logical for it to a single vacor in hundreds on German Lats and clay Glazed 

WOW ! Did all of us just get a big "Whatever" on all of our feedback here on your marble that you couldn't identify? It sounds like you had already made up your mind on the ID prior to posting it here. What Gereman and or other European machine-made marble factories do you think this one came from?  🔥

RAR🍿

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, davesnothere said:

Well if you guys think its a vacor then im stumped.

Story here!

This lot had been in a 1900s -1915 flour sack that was stained from the mibs indents . i had to toss it too far gone As Found im an antique dealer hound this is what i do for fun .  Now im curious. so i did look under a loupe this Mib has been wet for a while and developed some iridescent qualities from mineral stains .. Im sticking with my euro mystery. Its not logical for it to a single vacor in hundreds on German Lats and clay Glazed 

Sorry but, it's just a reject that is probably A Vacor, which is sold all over Europe too, and that story is plain old nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Jeff54 said:

Sorry but, it's just a reject that is probably A Vacor, which is sold all over Europe too, and that story is plain old nonsense. 

I mistook Jeff for the OP and mistakenly responded.  My error and I have edited my post.  Apologies.

• Award 1

50 minutes ago, Alan said:

We identify marbles by the glass, not by the story that comes with it.

The only person using the word "reject" is you.

I think you'll find that responding to people who are giving you impartial and informed responses to the question you came here to ask - with dismissive and insult-intended posts won't work well for you.

Sorry that you misunderstood my intent as it was not meant to insult anybody rather, put the nonsense of the story that apparently 'davesnothere was told by a seller front and center. 

As far as I am concerned the subject marble is a reject, you are certainly entitled to yours. . Being a reject doesn't insult, I have hundreds of rejects that were dug-up from old factories, many more then just out of the wild. 

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

So…!!!! Post another marble🚀 Game on! Lets do this 🔥

RAR

Not quite Monday. This looks all too common but it's far from so; It's reversed!

An Old Saint Mary's Marble King with a delicious, thick rich green core. Unlike normal white cores, the core is green and the patch and ribbon veneer is white. I do not know of or think another like it (Reversed) exists.

MKGreenbase34.jpg.bc9eaab7dccfcef37f6675506f7dd55b.jpg