Peltier Trade Question

Melissa

A person sent me a message wanting to do a trade for my mint peltier rebel peewee (pictured). He said he would be willing to trade for a regular sized rebel. Is that a fair trade?  I don’t know how much my peewee is worth and don’t want to be taken advantage of. He said my peewee is worth $40-60. Does that sound right?

IMG_3689.jpeg

• Like 1

Keep what you like Melissa, I guess it'll all boil down to how much you paid for yours and how much theirs is worth and how much you really like theirs as compared to yours. Yes pelt Pee-Wee's are on the HTF side, especially NLR types. Please post a few pix of their marble if you would, there's gotta be a reason they want to trade so bad ?? 

• Like 1
  • Award 1

1 minute ago, Chad G. said:

Keep what you like Melissa, I guess it'll all boil down to how much you paid for yours and how much theirs is worth and how much you really like theirs as compared to yours. Yes pelt Pee-Wee's are on the HTF side, especially NLR types. Please post a few pix of their marble if you would, there's gotta be a reason they want to trade so bad ??

Will do. Thanks!  

FWIW, I found this one in a lot of marbles for I’m guessing $75 for the lot.  It was about a year ago so I don’t remember exactly. I do remember it was a pretty large lot (10 pounds maybe). 

@Melissa In the end, I completely agree with Chad. It is your peewee and you are the one who imparts a value on it. You should do what makes you happy. But you should understand that you may never have an opportunity to own another one. I'll bet the person wanting to trade realizes that.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Ric said:

You should do what makes you happy.

Absolutely—what Ric says.
I have happily traded or sold marbles that were not meant to be in my collection.
Sometimes I just have too much and decide to give up what others may enjoy.
This is the way in my world at least.
One peewee in a collection of one is not really a collection.
 Yes, I have some peewees but they were just found during sorting in a matter of speaking. I would gladly give them up to a Pee wee collector for a fair trade.
There are all sorts of collectors addicted to the marble thing—I try to add as much as I can to the collections that they desire.
What comes around may come around---this is the way.
Marble—On!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was offered a solid price for a marble here on the Board. I decided to trade instead of sell. I’d see if this Collector has a price better price in mind. If so and it allows you to pursue a Rebel with Marble Money? Why not. $60 is a steal in my mind. The Wolverine like Rainbo that went for $91 last week is an example of a “I have to have it” marble. I think that’s what you have here IMHO🔥

RAR

It's kinda hard to set a price on a one of a kind item. Your peewee is just that. 

I haven't seen another one . What would be the replacement cost of one if you decided later you want one? 

How many "regular size" whatever that means, rebels are there compared to peewees. 

Years ago Christensen peewee were as high  $400.00 depending pattern and type.

Personally I wouldn't seek one out, however if I found one I would be jazzed. 

I prefer a particular size Peltiers in my collection and seek out certain sizes and types. There are some folks who want one of each size or one of everything.  Then there's the buying on a whim.

I just convinced myself not to do the trade, lol if I were you, lol. Certainly not at the present evaluation of $ that was given.

The person should just buy one if they're our there to be had for $40-60.00, lol.

I've never seen one personally offered ( rebel that is). If I saw one I might buy it, just because in my estimation that's a pretty good deal @$40-60.

I will add, there's also the case of what the market will bare and what you will care to have for it, as in sell it for. I've given away killer marbles, so there's that.

Anyway there's my quarter worth of comment, due to inflation.

Food for thought...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Melissa, i would agree with Chad also. As a pee-wee, i think i would (keep it) for now. The reason is that there are (plenty) of "Rebels" out there for sale and can be bought reasonable. Certain examples in Peltier in the pee-wee size are a little difficult to find. Chad had asked me a very good question about Peltiers pee-wees and if they were a production run for sale. I would say in my opinion that they may have been in production but limited to so many pounds made. If you go real small or real large, i do not think as many were produced in the three main sizes that fit the kids hands better.If Peltier made all the common examples we all know about, why not make a few small versions.  Chuck G---

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate all your input. Very good points. I do really like this marble a lot and am leaning towards keeping it. I never got any photos last night from the other person. If I do get photos I’ll post them here.  I thought his estimate of $40-60 for mine and up to $500 for his rebels was a bit off. I try my best to watch out for people taking advantage of other people in this hobby as it seems to happen a lot. I don’t know peltier enough to make a transaction like this on my own so I really appreciate your opinions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Melissa said:

I do really like this marble a lot and am leaning towards keeping it.

Smart girl, IMO. And If one day you decide to part with it, I think you will easily find a good home for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Melissa said:

Still no photos from the person and I’ve had enough time to think. I’m definitely keeping the peewee. Thanks everyone. 

You're fairly new to this hobby, Melissa, once you've collected for 10 years and haven't seen another one you'll be even happier with your decision.

🙂

• Thanks 1