Mostly Pix - Alley

Steph

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, jeeperman said:

Thanks to the both of you! Go for it John, I started doing it for some of my shooters not only so that folks can know the size when I forget to add it but so I don't have to find the calipers and the marble to answer a question. =}

I have a quick 'look it up' file and inventory system over here that I developed after the uncountable number of times running around looking for the offending mib in order to make a measurement.  On a related note, I've measured so many marbles now, that I can actually typically guess, within  some shocking level of precision, the size of a marble just by holding it. I'm sure many marble collectors can do the same trick; and not bragging either...it's just an interesting window into that eery 'knowing' that a ton of experience can bring to anything.  I couldn't do the same trick with just any object, but with marbles, after lots and lots of experience, apparently now, I just know. 

21 hours ago, jeeperman said:

Yep, if I have it in front of me it is much the same. It is when it is back in the case or where ever and I post a pic, someone always asks, that's when I can be sure I remember that particular marble correctly.

By all means. My memory of their size is only a generalized size class typically. When it counts, I always read the dial! 

• 3 weeks later...