Mostly Pix - Alley

Steph

"Pennsboro Blues" ... I love saying that ... it's like a prison band or a minor league baseball team travelling around in the 1930's.   :) 

PennsboroBlues_40_zpsfhzq83fs.jpg

PennsboroBlues_clip_zpsb2alqt0j.jpg

Tried to capture the grain of some of the more translucent white glass ^^

(Dug by Ron Shepherd) 

This one (dug Sistersville) just came in the mail from a friend, just because (you know who you are :)).  From time to time we just drop something in the mail to each other...sure is fun to share and get something unexpected.  This one is so stunning, one has to wonder why it ended up being tossed in the first place?  Curious.  This one is terrific, and I think needs no help with color and pattern.  I like plenty, darkly colored marbles too. 

SistersDug copy.jpg

To me, alleys have traits that tend to go with the factory they came from. There are ones in grey areas, but in general if you put 1000 sistersville alleys in a pile, 1000 pennsboros in a pile, and 1000 St. Marys in a pile, it would be very easy to identify which pile came from where, although not every single marble will be easy to tell by itself.  Some of them are though. Like the Alley random group Winnie posted... the majority of those are Pennsboros, a few Sistersvilles, and one St. Marys.

I might be stepping out on a limb but if you never step out on a limb, you never make it to the next tree!

9 hours ago, cheese said:

The shimmering spruce.

Interesting - 1st right second row from the back? 

So I'll guess the Sistervilles are 2nd row from back 2nd from left, 3rd row from back - middle one and first right, bottom row 2nd from right?

5 hours ago, ManofKent said:

Interesting - 1st right second row from the back? 

So I'll guess the Sistervilles are 2nd row from back 2nd from left, 3rd row from back - middle one and first right, bottom row 2nd from right?

Yes, on all counts as far as I can tell anyway. The bottom row one is iffy though, could be pennsboro. 

9 hours ago, cheese said:

Yes, on all counts as far as I can tell anyway. The bottom row one is iffy though, could be pennsboro. 

Thanks. Yes the bottom one gave me most pause but the others do stand out as different. I know we're only talking possible/probable, but it's nice to have some idea.

Seems to me that the Sistersville Alleys often have two-colored ribbons, or at least two-toned ribbons, of a certain width.  Except for the ones that are just plain weird, like the inky-violet one I have that's been ID'd as Sistersville by both Ron & Craig.  Who knew.

X swirl 2.jpg

X swirl 1.jpg

1 hour ago, ann said:

Seems to me that the Sistersville Alleys often have two-colored ribbons, or at least two-toned ribbons, of a certain width.  Except for the ones that are just plain weird, like the inky-violet one I have that's been ID'd as Sistersville by both Ron & Craig.  Who knew.

Gorgeous!