"
SNOTTIE:
noun.
Familiar form of snot agate"

"
AGATE, SNOT:
noun.
An agate with a veined and clouded interior; considered very superior"

The more realistic and disgusting they look the better, sounds like!

(but pretty snotties may enter too. ;-)

Um, I think this one deserves a Bart icon :Cartoon_177: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . snotty

Are these snottie?They are Peltier bananas ( Black Cats) very rare .Recently I went thru all my stuff and only found one Black cat.I bought these all together as a lot on EBAY.Do the bubbles make them snottie? :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: :thewave: Thanks have a great day! Bo

post-279-1227663905_thumb.jpg

I still don't know if yours is an official type snottie, Joe, but it's one of the coolest contenders I've ever seen.

No, Bo, it's not the fizz that makes it snottie. They wouldn't be cat's eyes. It's a very old term. From the 1920's? Before cat's eyes anyway.

Pretty sure the "veined" part of the glossary description refers to swirl ribbons, as opposed to cat's eye vanes. I think of deveining shrimp when I imagine the veined part here.

altogether gross anyway you cut it! lol

EEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

I was really hoping (As I think Steph was....) that someone who REALLY knew snotties would dump in some pictures so that we could get a good idea!!!

Since that doesn't seem to be happenin' as easily as hoped..... I think we've got some really good contender guesses!!!!

That's gotta take the cake!!! ..... Or, the sleeve???? :blink:

So I think Joe's would be a snottie. Anyone particularly agree or disagree?

The primary source of snotties appears to be CAC, but is it the only source?

I mean ... kids named it ... they wouldn't worry about who made it. only whether it looked booger-y. <_< . . right?

(lol)

edit: not that I know who made Joe's, but it does look like it might have been from back in the time when kids might have called their marbles snotties ... yes?

I have a couple of those with the ugly grey stuff in them like the above one and I consider them to be the ultimate snotty - like the result of a sinus infection or a bad case of chest congestion right before it turns to pneumonia.

I gotta say I'd never heard of snotties until this thread but now I've got to go looking for some! I'llhavethat1's gag-me-green "Sinus Buster" takes the prize so far in my watering eyes :lol:

Now if it just had a little vein of oxblood... :Cartoon_177:

Well it looks like my snottie was just a runny nose,I did find one that could be snottie,it has what looks like some hair in it.It's probably too pretty to be snottie.Thanks for the lesson on snotties,I'll be looking at marbles in a new way now.Bo

post-279-1227665309_thumb.jpg

post-279-1227665314_thumb.jpg

post-279-1227665319_thumb.jpg