Unusual, Pricey Akro

Seriously questionable! At the very least one can readily see why it was dumped if Akro even had anything to say about it......quality control! I didn't think to see what the record was on the seller. Hopefully this is just ignorance and not subterfuge. That's a marble unlike any I've ever seen before. Gotta be torch work. David Chamberlain

Wow, at lease my snipe didn't win according to you guys. He had a nice 4 or more color one that looked like it had whispy white...looked nice. If there's a sucker in every crowd it would be me. I pretty much believe everyone. Oh well... :Sad_headshake_tweetz: Steve

It is just one of about 15 that the seller had up that were very obviously polished dug Akros IMHO.(They are missing the extremely high gloss look that marbles in that condition should exhibit, and the light reflections appear blurry not clear) Sad thing is most of the buyers will be newbies and won't know they were polished until they take them to a show and someone points it out. I have seen it time and time again. GWW

I know this seller I have bought from him a lot of times. Nice guy! Also know he has dug a whole lot of marbles! And sells a whole lot of dugs marbles. He says they are dug. So there is nothing wrong with that! Some of my favorite Akro's were dug! He has always been honest when I have delt with him. That's my 2 cents.

I used to buy alot from this seller. He told me that he recently had cataract surgery, and could barely see before that. His pictures are better than they used to be, but it's always a gamble on the condition of his marbles.

My guess is someone decided to create their own marble from Akro cullet

'Sure looks a lot like the cullet marbles I've seen....

There's no denying that it is beautiful.... But, value?? :huh:

I agree twice:

-It is a beautiful marble,

-and I've purchased from this seller before, I think he's as honest as far as his knowledge goes.

He does have some unusual marbles, I don't think he intends to mislead anyone.

-Jess

How come............we are discussing this marble (and others before) and people are weighing in with their opinions but when someone questions the authenticity a couple of friends of the seller come in or even people who have bought from the seller pop in and defend them like they are being put on trial. this is what this forum is for. man they sold a marble maybe they thought was real but it isn't (due to the opinions of many knowledgeable people). no one said a bad word about them that i read. maybe its because you bought from them before and are hoping that your marble is an experimental marble and not a ground-down marble. i don't know i think some people just like to argue.

• 3 weeks later...

Another cullet marble, from skorokid. I emailed him after he raked in close to $400 on the last two that he sold. He thanked me for the info, and said that he would ask the person who he buys from, to let him know when there are any of those in the ones that he buys.

Either his dealer isn't being upfront, or...

Akro Cullet marble