Morphy Auction Online!!!!

jeroen

does anyone else feel that this is way too many marbles to have in one auction? Nice for buyers but will the prices realized be anywhere near as much as they could be with a smaller auction. I would think an auction with this many CACs would totally screw the sellers. Just my opinion.

Why in this day and age can't they take some decent pictures of the marbles. Any more reflection and lower F-stop and you wouldn't be able to tell they were marbles. Come on guys, Really??????? Makes it look like they are doing it on purpose to hide stuff. I know of at least 2 folks that go to the actual auction because of these lousy pics, Maybe that why also???

Doubting very much you will be bidding on a Morphy auction Duffy so my questions obviously were not for you. So other than just trying to slam me why not stick to posts that have something to do with you. It is getting rather old. Can't you do some positive posts like give some IDs or help a newbie now and then. Seems half the posts you do make are just attempts to take a shot at me. Time to grow up and follow the little line at the bottom of your posts. You are a big boy, how about acting like one.

Morphys is a good site and 20% with a 2% discount is pretty much standard with major auction houses. No fees to bid. I was just hoping to get a discussion going on what I thought may be some constructive criticism. Besides the folks that are wealthy enough to travel to the auction I know of several less wealthy major collecters that do not bid on Morphy Marble Auctions because of the lousy pics. I am pretty much in that group)and think better pics would definitely bring in more bidders.

• Members
  • bullet_black.png

Posted Yesterday, 08:03 PM

Doubting very much you will be bidding on a Morphy auction Duffy so my questions obviously were not for you. So other than just trying to slam me why not stick to posts that have something to do with you. It is getting rather old. Can't you do some positive posts like give some IDs or help a newbie now and then. Seems half the posts you do make are just attempts to take a shot at me. Time to grow up and follow the little line at the bottom of your posts. You are a big boy, how about acting like one.

Who is slamming whom? Is this a criticism of Duffy's financial status? He seems very helpful to me, i've never noticed rudeness directed at me from Duiffy and he's always been helpful to me. If you have a personal problem with Duffy, please do it with PM's. Don't flash your worst side for all of us to read. Thank youi.

Edna, Duffys post was nothing more than a slam at me. Sorry you do not see that. And you obviously have had a problem with me for some time also. Get over it. I was simply responding to Duffy in a like manner. Guess I should not have taken his bait but it is getting old and I am getting tired of it.. And none of this is about how he answers your posts, as I would agree they are always nice to you. But if you have the time, go through all his past.posts and see how many times he has simply replied to one of my posts in a way to try and deride me. I have never directed a post to him unless it was in response to him giving me a bad time. And it is Duffy that has a problem with me. This is well known. Maybe we can get back on track and have a discussion about Morphy's This wasn't supposed to be about Me You or Duffy. Thanks for posting on topic Brian.

I don't know,there are many CAC high end marbles as there are hand mades.

Don't know how many marble collectors there are in America,it's such a big country.

Personally i find it a pity that only the more expensive ones are auctioned,maybe it's something of this time.

I think it's a good auction house,i've bought several toys in the past from Morphy's.

The pictures have too much reflection and they're too big,so i do not get any good overview.

winnie

Killer stuff in the auction. Reflections are there and sometimes a distraction. I find that best way to view them is in a semi darkened room.There are that many high end marbles for any company. CAC, Peltier, Akro Alley etc. You dont have that much product though to meet the demand on the high end. You can name any company and the high end collector outstrips the product.. Not enough to go around. With so many high end stuff at one time vs. the the collector can be a down fall. The saturation of so many CACs will dilute the price. The collectors may be there but the walets cant meet that much supply at one time. Simple economics. At least they did spread out with more companies this time. Winne there have been a few super CAC collectors that for some reason are selling their collection. Handmades can run the gamut and not quite as saturate. Unless the person did a specific category ie. onion skins, joseph coats etc. In this case the collectors did almost exsclusively CAC. Many years of collecting for that particular company. Especially collecting the best can be a wow factor but can also hinder the final price.

I did ask Brian Estepp though if you are doing marketing and handing out fliers and those fliers have a picture of something sold you should have at least what that product is. They just have the price realized. If you have a lamp, toy etc with just the price you cut down on new perspective clients. I see a lamp and the price, I want to know who made that lamp. There are many different companies. He told me their response is that the people who have that particular collectible knows what it is. Most other companies at least put the company and the price. Bad part on their end to bring new people to cosign their service.

Duffy's comment had no corealation to the topic. It was just him getting a jab at someone who he doesnt like. Stick with the topic please.

does anyone else feel that this is way too many marbles to have in one auction? Nice for buyers but will the prices realized be anywhere near as much as they could be with a smaller auction. I would think an auction with this many CACs would totally screw the sellers. Just my opinion.

I thought Duffy was responnding to this remark. He never named anybody. Isn't responding to a remark on topic. I responded to Galen's remark, Was Galen on topic?

Edna dear, It is nice you want to stick up for your friend and take more shots at me but before you continue off topic please read the first sentence in his response to my post. If you do not feel that was a slam at me, fine, let it go, and lets talk about Morphys, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Galen dear ( I consider using that tern "dear" with someone you barely know extremely offensive.) Knock it off. Why don't you let it go too, especially your use of the term dear with me. . You are the one who keeps getting defensive. Yes, Duffy is a friend, but I'm not defending him. He can defend himself. I read that first sentence and i still feel he is responding to your remark. Of course that's just MHO. As for keeping remarks about Morphy's, I don't have any. I don't collect those marbles (CAC's) but I do respect Duffy's opinion as it related to yours and I feel he has every right to his opinion just as you have every right to yours and I have every right to mine.

Companies that sell for a living ie. Morphys should care. We are the ones that buy from them. Without our money they couldnt exist. Their pics could be better. Pics for their other auctions are totally awesome. Why cant their marble pics be as well? Many auction houses have auctions that are this big. If its smaller its not cost effective to them.