A neat hybrid style cats eye- a cage that spirals into a 4 vain

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

This one ^^ is great!

Thanks Ric, I had and I'm not kidding, thousands of them I got with a large lot I purchased that had all the way form handmades & pelts to christensen and akro, I had to dig through 7& 1/2 gallons of marbles to get the good ones out $150.00 I think they just didn't collect and wanted to get rid of them. When I was done sorting a couple days later I had almost 5 gallon's of cats left plus the cats I already had at home. So I sold and gave away every one I had at the time, "not good" even for cats when you have that many from every company known there's gonna be some good ones in there. The ones I miss the most are the hybrid vitro I had. Those are the ones I already collected, the multi colored vein ones that fetch all the money now, but not about money, I liked them. I love collecting marbles "yes" but when it's to the point you have so many you're walking on them a decision has to be made. Boy all that over a cat eye, Hmmmm !!! Ah no regrets, I still have a few nice ones. Thanks again Ric

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I have always enjoyed looking at cats - and those are a couple of nice ones.

My favorites are the old Vitros that are stuffed to the gills.

Ric335.jpg

Those are the ones I like, the hybrids Vitro made, Beautiful, I do still have a few, nice fat puffy veins as you said "stuffed" I call  em "fat n pudgy"

1 hour ago, Ric said:

But I like fat Peltiers too!

Ric282.jpg

These are all big ones.

Do you have any black bananas ?? I have some 5/8ths but they seem a little different than the other pelt bananas I have. I'm just wondering if they're really pelt ??

Like you, Chad, the black ones I have seen I was not convinced were Pelt. I have had a few that really had me thinking about the possibility though. I would have to see one that has no vanes (or very close to no vanes) to be convinced, and the one's I have seen have don't fit that description.

Ric332.jpg.ad221775bb0ceddd394151e7a676fce0.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ric said:

As far as "are they Pelt or not"? I even wonder about these . . .

Ric642.jpg.c52508a3407d56ec2117b61a7ee1c342.jpg

I know some people say they are Pelts but . . .?

I know all perspective at this point until someone starts to do chemical analysis on the glass or look at the glass structure through an electron microscope. That's going a long ways, I think I'll stick to collecting what I like. Although it does spark a little interest. I don't have a clue about the mibs above, they certainly have the banana structure going, the black ones some do some don't ?? I really, truth be known, don't feel pelt but will hold onto a few just in case. Maybe some pics later ??

1 hour ago, mibcapper said:

i think they are ............... 

hybrid 3.jpg

kitties 001.jpg

I agree with you on those Bill but the black ones I have I believe aren't, but I'm still gonna post em to give everyone a good look see. When I figure out how to download these stupid pics or someone does it for me. Hmmm, if I'm having someone else download for me then the stupid one is....

3 hours ago, bonniemarbles said:

Basically, I don't collect cat eyes-don't go out of my way to buy them, but some come along with others, & are really neat enough to keep : here are some I've kept. In the last frame is one of my favorites, it looks like an oddly colored  violet....neat stuff. fellows  :clap2:

#55.jpg

#55a.jpg

#55b.jpg

#55c.jpg

A lot of Vitro's Bonnie, my fav. beautiful nice fat multi colored hybrids, yeah buddy, nice !!      :confetti:

• 3 months later...

RC was my favorite, I never thought to save the mibs, they all kissed the lips of my sling shot the second I got home and spotted a Squirrel or bird or for that matter just a tree. Guess I better post 1 or 2 or..........the big ones are 7/8ths & the little red one is 19/32nds. Sorry for the collage effect !!

image.png.19098660fbeb7d7b1a04851344cf5ca7.png

Maybe one or 2 more

image.png.247cc0deee5cfa29486c9720dd30f935.png

Bubble filled caged

233.PNG

Asian probably Japanese

444.PNG

Vitro

1 (486).JPG

Asian, probably Japanese

443.PNG

Ok, I'm done (maybe!!)

Jack Bogard told me he produced the banana cat eyes. I know for sure also that Jack packaged his marbles and old Heaton stock in old original Heaton bags. The largest percentage of all the banana cats dug at Heaton were shallow and close the building. So I think Jack probably made most if not all the banana cat eyes at the Heaton site.  If you see a bag of Heaton banana cat eyes, better grab it. They are very rare to find.  The single color ones are very difficult to separate from Peltier. The Heaton banana is usually just a little smaller.