Bolitas

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

This company, yes?

I guess that answered that, next time my back & neck start to get sore from diggin for provenance  :computer-22:  I know who to get ahold of. Cool vid Jason, thanks for postin it !!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/26/2021 at 4:31 PM, Pinx said:

There were five marble manufacturers in Argentina at one time, as well as factories in Brazil, and Bolivia.

Elizabeth, this post sounds like you might be sitting on some good information that I wish I had thought to ask about earlier.  

Someone on Facebook posted a potentially Argentinian-looking marble.  She's in Australia, which I think makes her more likely to have gotten South American marbles than the U.S. was.  Do you have any suggestions for company names she might research?

22 hours ago, Steph said:

Elizabeth, this post sounds like you might be sitting on some good information that I wish I had thought to ask about earlier.  

Someone on Facebook posted a potentially Argentinian-looking marble.  She's in Australia, which I think makes her more likely to have gotten South American marbles than the U.S. was.  Do you have any suggestions for company names she might research?

Hi Steph, I am not home right now, so don’t have access to my research files right now. My recollection is that I found this information in a Spanish language article written by an Argentinian man who was lamenting the loss of the popularly of marbles, a game he enjoyed in his youth. He recalled that his country once had five marble factories and every kid played marbles (sounds like the U.S.!). I don’t believe he named any of the factories. It was more of a memoir than a reported article.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Pinx said:

Hi Steph, I am not home right now, so don’t have access to my research files right now. My recollection is that I found this information in a Spanish language article written by an Argentinian man who was lamenting the loss of the popularly of marbles, a game he enjoyed in his youth. He recalled that his country once had five marble factories and every kid played marbles (sounds like the U.S.!). I don’t believe he named any of the factories. It was more of a memoir than a reported article.

thanks for answering so soon while you're away :thup: