West Virginia Wednesday !!

"Happy West Virginia Wednesday"   :wave2:

An Alley Swirl w/ some green av and a bit of the classic Alley dirty  black av mixed in.

image.png.aa796a89912d30252c84ad0f9d920cc2.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fire1981 said:

One Bighorn Sheep and three birds. This one is 7/8 ! One of those you chase for awhile. The old Finger Roll.

Nice marble, Rick! I got the ram, but I think you counted one of the birds twice because I can't find the third, or are you just trying to make me crazy on purpose? lol.

As for the orange and pink Alleys. I have been researching them for six maybe eight years. They are either Alley or CAC. I have showed them to and ask several CAC people and Cambridge diggers about them. They have all said no to CAC. There must not be any good numbers of them available. The four above are the different variations. These pictures do not show the orange, maybe fading, to pink well. The ones with the darker lines also seem to be even more rare. Alley for sure has the same exact orange and lots of it. Thousands and thousands of white base and orange swirls and flames. Nola dug about 300 of them at Pennsboro in a two foot square. That was the only marbles in that one small spot. Maybe six or eight of those had some of the pink along side of the orange. But with some of these the pink stands out or shows more. Two CAC collectors who live in Cambridge and dug there years ago, told me they were not CAC. Craig Cereny and others also said they are not CAC. So I have them with my Alleys.  

8 hours ago, wvrons said:

As for the orange and pink Alleys. I have been researching them for six maybe eight years. They are either Alley or CAC. I have showed them to and ask several CAC people and Cambridge diggers about them. They have all said no to CAC. There must not be any good numbers of them available.

The main reason I worry about them is because I don't think I ever saw one until about 8 years ago or so, and now this? When did you find your first one?

ric935.jpg.5b422066f9ee0702ab09615ce3ee8ac2.jpg

And I have never seen a damaged one. Have you? I am worried they are new. Maybe a JABO investor run or something.

I am not positive but I got my first one as a CAC probably fifteen years ago or more, They are not any Jabo investor run for sure. They are not older Jabo classics for sure.  The quality is very very good on these, glass and color. They are older than the Jabo investor runs. The pink is a bleed from the orange on top of and into the nice white base.  The dark color or line maybe left over from a blue that was run before these or just starting to come in after these were made.  Probably left over blue. Blue is bad at taking over a furnace/tank and lasting much longer than most all other colors. Add red and if you see it, it may last five minutes. Add the same amount of blue and it will show up for thirty minutes or more. 

6 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I am not positive but I got my first one as a CAC probably fifteen years ago or more, They are not any Jabo investor run for sure. They are not older Jabo classics for sure.

Well, I guess Alley it is then. Thanks, Ron!