West Virginia Wednesday !!

4 hours ago, Ric said:

My favorite day am I'm stuck in a hotel. But I'm enjoying the great WVS - thanks for showing them!

I never get stuck in a hotel… I always research where I’m going, with Craigslist and local antique stores. Made some awesome buys while working away from home. I’ve “trained” my wife to do the same, she comes up with some incredible finds.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Nice swirls, Tommy. To me, 2-3 are clear based - the others are transparent, but colored.

Thanks Ric. I can see that difference clear base is not just see-through...

Clear glass like it sounds. 👌  

Transparent is see-through colored glass...

I like that better...👊 

On 4/6/2022 at 6:23 PM, Tommy said:

Thanks Ric. I can see that difference clear base is not just see-through...

Clear glass like it sounds. 👌  

Transparent is see-through colored glass...

I like that better...👊

FWIW, that's how I always think about it. It makes the difference between a "clear base" and an orange transparent, red transparent, yellow transparent base, etc., more "clear".  lol

As usual, I want seconds . . . 🙂

The best part of this marble is that little bit of Ravenswood history showing under the blue in the top two pics and scattered in much smaller bits throughout the marble.

Ric971.jpg.32217d382b34af236507224c7836bf76.jpg

I just picked it up at the Decatur, IL. Pride of the Prairie Marble Show yesterday, for many years now, organized by none other than @Chuck G. Unfortunately, I missed the last two shows. Some of my best marble purchases have come from this show. It tends to be attended by many long time regulars and the amount of marble knowledge represented is remarkable. And there are always great marbles available. If you can make it for room trading tonight or the show tomorrow, I'd highly recommend it.

PoPShow2022.thumb.jpeg.25e89383690150190aa95afffeb0d2f4.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric said:

The best part of this marble is that little bit of Ravenswood history showing under the blue in the top two pics and scattered in much smaller bits throughout the marble.

I just picked it up at the Decatur, IL. Pride of the Prairie Marble Show yesterday, for many years now, organized by none other than @Chuck G. Unfortunately, I missed the last two shows. Some of my best marble purchases have come from this show. It tends to be attended by many long time regulars and the amount of marble knowledge represented is remarkable. And there are always great marbles available. If you can make it for room trading tonight or the show tomorrow, I'd highly recommend it.

That's an awesome mib Ric. I wish I could just travel the marble circuit lol...it is so cool to talk marbles and see rare examples in hand ...

On 4/8/2022 at 11:46 AM, Ric said:

Hi Ric ,very nice blue raven , it’s on my wish list to make it to a show ,hopefully it’s sooner then later 

Happy WV Wednesday 

41FAE19B-B981-4E9A-9C98-744B8D6450A9.jpeg

4BC4B946-4CF4-45B6-AB67-A551A809FCFE.jpeg

95EAFAB2-8B9B-4600-AC42-DA45C7B037BB.jpeg

• Like 3