Thüringen Thursday

Steph

7 hours ago, crashbelt said:

I accumulated a few swirls over the years to fill odd gaps in original solitaire boards. I have no gaps now so the swirls live in vintage apothecarys' measuring jugs. I like them because they're handmade glass just like the marbles.

image.thumb.jpeg.0ee7fe724d95ab99da686ef05e8b5a4f.jpeg

I’ve never seen these before, or never recognized. Need to be on the lookout!

13 hours ago, schmoozer said:

I’ve got an 1880’s apothecary jar I was going to put slags in but the conditions is too nice to potentially scratch.70346791991__73449C64-7E7F-4653-A1A4-B623BD2D9233.thumb.jpeg.75047b0e02f78828553c6aaed1a7b89d.jpeg

That is very beautiful.

My measuring jugs are easy to find in the UK and inexpensive and I believe are English or French made. They're likely Victorian which fits well with the age of the marbles.

Sorry everyone for the slight digression on Thuringen Thursday!!!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, crashbelt said:

Here's another couple of lots of swirls I've picked up in the UK over the years.

I think marbles always look nicer in groups and those are some really beautiful groups!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Linda Gail said:

Yeah I like it too. I just love cooking and learning more recipes 

20 hours ago, crashbelt said:

A jar of onions and Josephs this Thursday.

image.thumb.jpeg.fd78eb58a21237a6092e79e3a566e25d.jpeg

Looks like a Willy Wonka jar of awesome!!! Wow they are beautiful!!! How long did it take you to collect them? Do you have a favorite from the jar you can share ? :)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

I knew it looked close, VHTF @ or under an inch "score"

Wow did not know that ...it came from a relative in Holland with an old bag and lots of clay marbles....even more special now thanks bro

11 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

Looks like a Willy Wonka jar of awesome!!! Wow they are beautiful!!! How long did it take you to collect them? Do you have a favorite from the jar you can share ? :)

I love them all but the colours on the 1" onion are very nice. I've been collecting 30 years but got most in the first 1990s when collecting in the UK was much easier!

20221221_112557.thumb.jpg.6a506b6944973f6ff3581410b223af55.jpg

• Like 4

On 7/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, crashbelt said:

I accumulated a few swirls over the years to fill odd gaps in original solitaire boards. I have no gaps now so the swirls live in vintage apothecarys' measuring jugs. I like them because they're handmade glass just like the marbles.

image.thumb.jpeg.0ee7fe724d95ab99da686ef05e8b5a4f.jpeg

I found a glass measuring  beaker in a local store but he wanted $40 for it. Hard pass.

58 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

One day sooner than you think   ;)  Look @ how fast you got to 100 posts  :)

True, I think I'm just an inquisitive chatty Kathy though 🤣 who is a SAHM with a new obsession in a really fun group (is how that got achieved lol)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, schmoozer said:

I found a glass measuring  beaker in a local store but he wanted $40 for it. Hard pass.

I paid around £10 or less in the UK so very hard pass. They are very easy to find over here. Good luck finding them ' it is cool to display German marbles in glassware of the same era!

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1