Thüringen Thursday

Steph

46 minutes ago, crashbelt said:

I paid around £10 or less in the UK so very hard pass. They are very easy to find over here. Good luck finding them ' it is cool to display German marbles in glassware of the same era!

Wow that's lok $13 USD that's amazing!!! I bet you have a beautiful collection 

4 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

Wow that's lok $13 USD that's amazing!!! I bet you have a beautiful collection 

Well I've been collecting longer than I care to remember. And there's collectors on this board with amazing marbles we never see in the UK!!! Keep looking for those Germans...........

2 hours ago, crashbelt said:

Well I've been collecting longer than I care to remember. And there's collectors on this board with amazing marbles we never see in the UK!!! Keep looking for those Germans...........

🙃Haha I hope that I can say that one day..  what kinda marbles don't you see? Out of curiosity? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't have a crazy amount but I am happy to send you whatever extras I have of what you wish you could get there. No cost to you, no trades it's just sometimes nice to get something cool in the mail hehe 😁 just because. 

I have lots of friends I've made over the years in Germany/UK hehe I think I might ask them to peak for me with giving them a fun finders fee :). We are always sending packages with fun trades (mostly snacks, candy/antiques & crystals lol but hey marbles are sort of like candy for the eyes lol 😆

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 12:55 AM, AvvaRae said:

🙃Haha I hope that I can say that one day..  what kinda marbles don't you see? Out of curiosity? 🤷🏻‍♀️ I don't have a crazy amount but I am happy to send you whatever extras I have of what you wish you could get there. No cost to you, no trades it's just sometimes nice to get something cool in the mail hehe 😁 just because. 

I have lots of friends I've made over the years in Germany/UK hehe I think I might ask them to peak for me with giving them a fun finders fee :). We are always sending packages with fun trades (mostly snacks, candy/antiques & crystals lol but hey marbles are sort of like candy for the eyes lol 😆

That's a great thought - marble collectors are a great community!

I was really referring in my post to the incredible 2'+ rarities which US collectors sometimes post pictures of. These seem to have been exported from Germany directly to the US market in the 19th Century and very few to the UK. So they are very rare over here, unlike the smaller German marbles for UK-made solitaire boards, which are quite common in the UK, and which I collect.

Always happy to see your German marbles here on a Thursday!!!

• Like 2

Happy "Thüringen Thursday"  this is a marble I sold last year in a large Antique lot. It has what appears to be threads, not a Latt core but a threaded gel core w/ somewhat of a tornado twist. These pix are also by the new owner, mine kinda sucked !!

image.png.fb178962bf7299e056916608880a5ab5.png

image.png.9d2b8ac1ac37f9a997510e520d7c00ba.png

image.png.e6a898b6074f971bb1b08865ae681e08.png

image.png.5382cc1ef460f00ed7897ddb39e20605.png

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

😁Mein allererster Beitrag hier 😎 hoffentlich qualifiziert sich das🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

My very first post here hopefully this qualifies 🙃🙂

IMG_20230824_103933.jpg

100% Antique Handmade German  :thup:  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

don't recall if I posted these before,

102B0950_edited.JPG

20210401_185743a.jpg

At least, the green one, you posted about 20 years ago. That's about how long ago I made this photo. It's the only one like mine I've ever seen.

Some weird curiosity as to; How in the heck did they make a cane to do that? 

enlargedlauschaemerialdgreenandwhiteswirlRarestylechipedpontal.jpg.ffa7eace530cd76d2b03ad8b972bf7dd.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Pontals on each pole, north, and south. Otherwise, yeah, they seem as if the looping would only be a hand-gathered thing. 😵

I wonder if they started with a thinner cane and somehow mushed it in and out to make a larger glob but then rounding the mass seems like it would have been pretty tricky - it's a real stumper. Regardless, given the rarity of these types it seems like something not just any craftsman could do - it must have required significant and specialized skill.