What’s the HTF Cats Eye ?

Fire1981

I have a couple Peltier cats in a red transparent base. I didn't even know who made then until Elizabeth Kempski mentioned them in her new book as being a HTF cat, I'll see what page and post a pic after I get back from Church (Promise) I have some blue based 1" also; Oh wait I have an old pic of one of the Pelt red cats and both blue bases. The pelt cats are all 19/32nds I believe ??  I was lead to think the red one was German but learned differnt after reading Elizabeths book. May be a while I have to find it in her book & on what page !!

I found it, pg. 54 of Elisabeth's book. Peltier red based cats were confirmed as being found  by Gino Biffany at the 2007 Amana marble show. Peltier & MK both made a red base version, Peltier being the rarer of the two, 9/16ths for a size which is exactly what mine are. At least I hope mines the pelt version, either way I'm happy to have found so rare a cat all the way over here !! In fact I found 3 of them, now to find my little "marble helpers" stash to get more pix of the older ones as shown in the pic. I just looked it has the exact same banana shape if not more so than Bills pink examples.

An old pic for now, the blue may be common I'm not sure but believe them to be some manner of foreign cat ??

image.png.5df267de4c3ecd248d98bf5161823e01.png

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Sorry for the delay !! Here are a few pix of what I believe to be a red base Pelt cat. Size is 9/16ths as described in Elizabeth Kempski's book "The World of Cat's Eye Marbles" It may be MK but the construction says to me Pelt, resembling a banana cat. If anyone has a different I.D. for this cat other than Pelt "please" post, I've had 1 of these many years, & acquired the other last week,  I had no idea of the manufacture till I read Elizabeth's book, it only gives 2 possible manufactures, Pelt or MK, there are some unknown foreign made but they are all larger. I believe these to be Pelt. At least the basic construction says Pelt to me ??

image.png.77de8ec5586f5ce6c750ba48392fa6ce.png

image.png.234dc09ec839df2a2fec2a775d0ccaf2.png

image.png.de0fc4d49b57ff7c09b7a8ee00b7f9be.png

image.png.ebb94c3a9b6d090af35a54929ee551e3.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Award 1

1 minute ago, Berryb said:

I have this one; Dark amber with a red banana. The pix could be better and the amber actually looks darker in hand. Thanks

Bruce

amber banana1.JPG

amber banana2.JPG

Nice Bruce, I'll read a bit more of Elizabeth's book & see what it says about the other colors !! I'll look for Amber in particular.

4 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Sorry for the delay !! Here are a few pix of what I believe to be a red base Pelt cat. Size is 9/16ths as described in Elizabeth Kempski's book "The World of Cat's Eye Marbles" It may be MK but the construction says to me Pelt, resembling a banana cat. If anyone has a different I.D. for this cat other than Pelt "please" post, I've had 1 of these many years, & acquired the other last week,  I had no idea of the manufacture till I read Elizabeth's book, it only gives 2 possible manufactures, Pelt or MK, there are some unknown foreign made but they are all larger. I believe these to be Pelt. At least the basic construction says Pelt to me ??

image.png.77de8ec5586f5ce6c750ba48392fa6ce.png

image.png.234dc09ec839df2a2fec2a775d0ccaf2.png

image.png.de0fc4d49b57ff7c09b7a8ee00b7f9be.png

image.png.ebb94c3a9b6d090af35a54929ee551e3.png

Super

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

I still can't find any Tinka cats here in the USA.  I consider those htf.  The pelt red base cats really are htf.  Its usually just one or two people in the marble world hoarding most of the known examples when it comes to htf marbles.😁

peltbananaredbase.jpg

No wonder I'm only finding one at a time Josh, you've cornered the market  :blink:  Although being here on the West coast may also play a role in it. Nobody here even knows what they are but a few I gander ?? I do have to admit I did run into a bunch of them some years ago and paid then no nevermind, "just some more cats" I thought, so, live & learn !!

17 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

I still can't find any Tinka cats here in the USA.  I consider those htf.  The pelt red base cats really are htf.  Its usually just one or two people in the marble world hoarding most of the known examples when it comes to htf marbles.😁

peltbananaredbase.jpg

Hoarding should be illegal🤣🤣🤣 and yes, we are all very jealous.