Here's a bullseye agate you don't see every day

On 3/25/2022 at 1:45 PM, bumblebee said:

Just scored another unusual hand-faceted agate. This 5/8" has what looks like a moss agate bullseye. Have not seen one like this before.

Too bad it has taken such a beating on the top but I imagine this one battled its way into many pockets.

JLdMK7qn2T.jpg

uqaved0cs0.jpg

Green eye monster......

Very great marble 💥💥💥💥💥💥💥💥👍🤯🔥🔥

On 3/28/2022 at 2:05 AM, wvrons said:

My Latest additions to my claw agate collection. 

@wvrons, those are really nice looking.

I was curious do you know whether the agates in the claws have any flat spots ground on to them to make them fit better? Once and a while I find an agate with a flat spot and wonder whether it had been removed from a piece like this.

I do not know for sure. I have never seen one out of the claw. I do not see or can tell of any flat spot anywhere around the edges or sides of the claw. Some have a type of glue and some do not. Some only the claw holds the agate. Or the glue is old and gone. Some you can turn or rotate the agate in the claw. I have never noticed a flat spot. I am sure agates were used in many other items. 

7 hours ago, wvrons said:

I do not know for sure. I have never seen one out of the claw. I do not see or can tell of any flat spot anywhere around the edges or sides of the claw. Some have a type of glue and some do not. Some only the claw holds the agate. Or the glue is old and gone. Some you can turn or rotate the agate in the claw. I have never noticed a flat spot. I am sure agates were used in many other items. 

Do you know what the agate the lion has is held on place by Ron ?? I found what looks like a metal pin glued inside pee-wee agate I have ?? Just wondering if ya knew  or have ran into this before??

image.png.d2262984cf2107c57c02ac450c9ace93.png

Some form of a metal pin in this pee-wee, @ smaller than .50 not much room for error, this mib is  faceted. Not sure if there's glue holding it in or what ?? I'm figuring it had to be part of a letter opener or something  similar?? There appears to be some form of metal pin holding near the back feet of your lion ??

image.png.486ddb9cff8e712798ee808d1bf0fbf9.png

image.png.2f76a2c19df37fce14c447d218d149ed.png