Inherented marbles I need info on please

Sebastian

hi these are some of the marbles that come from my grandparents estate, I love the look and I have had a lot of trouble  finding similar  items on the net,,,, I love the so much I think I will  start collecting,  any info greatly  appreciated  and any info on similar  ones for sale and costs please

20210506_133832.jpg

20210506_133824.jpg

20210506_133740.jpg

20210506_133340.jpg

20210506_133937.jpg

20210506_133206.jpg

28 minutes ago, Alan said:

These are some nice handmade keepsakes.  The Indians (pic 5) are quite nice.

Thanks  so these 5 in the photo are called Indians,,,,,, I just looked  then up  and the base marble  colour seems in all the examples  to be solid not semi see through like these  , I am confused 

Looks like @ least 3 submarines, some very nice  handmades

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Welcome to Marble Connection Sebastian"   :wave2:

So good to have you here !! Many years of accumulated marble and marble related information here. There is also a search bar in the right upper corner if you have any specific query. Again "Welcome"

The one in pic  (5)  without the opaque white banding traveling through the translucent based interior with opaque banding only on the outside I believe is called a Banded Translucent

Grandpas marble site has a submarine at 2/3” in near mint that sold for $145! You can also look on eBay under German marbles handmade and get an idea what others are worth. You will be surprised, they are all vintage collectable and you have a great treasure! 

jon

• Wow 1

Depending on what type of submarine you have some can be worth well over $1000.00, size, rarity, and most of all "condition" play a big part in the value. I am very familiar with (Terry's) Grandpamarble's store site. I've known him for well over 20 years. Here's the link to his store if ya want to take a look.

LINK :  http://grandpamarble.com/index.html

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chad G. said:

Depending on what type of submarine you have some can be worth well over $1000.00, size, rarity, and most of all "condition" play a big part in the value. I am very familiar with (Terry's) Grandpamarble's store site. I've known him for well over 20 years. Here's the link to his store if ya want to take a look.

LINK :  http://grandpamarble.com/index.html

Thankyou ,, I will gladly  look 

Welcome to the site!  As others mentioned, a lot of vintage German handmade marbles from your inherited collection. 

From the pics I'd say at least a dozen would be considered on the higher end of things, the 6 individual ones the most. 

Nice marbles.  When it comes to value, condition is Very important to collectors.  Although sentimental value is another thing that is hard to associate a cost with.  Thanks for sharing!

10 hours ago, I'llhavethat1 said:

Welcome to the site!  As others mentioned, a lot of vintage German handmade marbles from your inherited collection. 

From the pics I'd say at least a dozen would be considered on the higher end of things, the 6 individual ones the most. 

Nice marbles.  When it comes to value, condition is Very important to collectors.  Although sentimental value is another thing that is hard to associate a cost with.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the info, most  appreciated,,  these are only some of the the marbles I inherited  , I separated these as I 50 odd years ago as a child I had hundreds of marbles but these ones I had not seen before and I assumed  that they where  very early ones,,,I will take photos  of dome of the others and post,,,I will be interested  in sny info on them ad well