Carowill-Fairly new to The Marble Connection

Carowill

I’m Bill, known as Carowill (my wife of 50 years is Carol) and joined in late December. I have been collecting machine-made marbles since the early 90’s but took a long hiatus the past fifteen years or so.  I was a pediatrician for 40+ years in Corpus Christi Texas but retired last year to spend more time around children and grandchildren.  We live at 7500 feet in the mountains of Colorado much of the year.  I especially like CAC and Peltier and Ravenswood, but am developing a love for Alley and Heaton and some Vitro.  I appreciate the selfless dedication of those like Ric, Wvrons, Cheese and others who so passionately contribute their knowledge to marble identification!  We all learn, as a result.  That’s my cat, Wally, who we rescued from a Walgreens as a kitten when he wandered in.

A45CE764-6D9F-4777-8DF5-CE94A8422256.jpeg

• Like 2

Welcome the Marble Connection, Bill, pleased to see you. I retired last year too, after serving as a Professor of Biology and Biomedical Engineering for about 25 years. Now I mainly work around the homestead, play with marbles, and fly fish when I can.

• Like 1

"Welcome Bill"    :wave2: 

Our big Black Tom's name was Sam, I really miss him "a trooper" he refused to eat cat food, insisted on killing his own prey, no mice around and the birds only really showed in spring, we lived 8 miles out of town & our nearest neighbor was over a mile away (the good old days)

• 6 months later...