Akro Friday

OK, this is just an Akro Oxblood patch---not—this one is ¾”—the very hardest size to find in my experience with this type. 
Funny thing with these Ox patches—they are commonly 9/16” vs 5/8”. 
Overall a 9/16” Akro is a very hard find for me.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

OK, this is just an Akro Oxblood patch---not—this one is ¾”—the very hardest size to find in my experience with this type. 
Funny thing with these Ox patches—they are commonly 9/16” vs 5/8”. 
Overall a 9/16” Akro is a very hard find for me.
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

How rare are the 1” patches? I’ve had a couple, passed on to future caretakers.

17 hours ago, schmoozer said:

How rare are the 1” patches?

They are not real common schmoozer but I have a harder time finding the 3/4" ones in good shape.

Who really ever used a one inch marble as a shooter? 3/4" fits the bill much nicer--lets face it most of the players had smaller hands and fingers.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fire1981 said:

Which ones are "tabs"🔥

The tabs are the rectangular ashtrays--with two little butt keepers on the top--the "tabs".

They do come long and short tabs--little matter when they look this nice imho.

These ashtrays actually show up with some nice glitter--sometimes.

Marble--On!!

I do not know this seller nor do I advocate any buying from this post--just an observation.

If you surf E-bay for marbles I am sure that you have seen this seller that makes replica boxes. 
This seller is straight up on what the boxes are—my only ask would be to mark them as “replica” or “fantasy boxes”—who knows 30 years from now??
This one caught my eye. I restore old boxes and appreciate what it takes to make/restore one. This person makes an excellent well made and thought out box—it will only get better as she/he goes along.
I just love a great way to display my marbles—this is just one of them. They come empty—I found some Akro Patches that fit the box very well.
If you get one just mark them like I do as “A Fantasy Box” on the bottom. 
I for one will not look to rip off my future Sisters and Brothers that will collect marbles in the future as crazy as I/We do. 
I am sure that if this seller reads this-she/he will connect and add what needs to be added—they (at least the box that I received) are that good imho.
This seller is just someone keeping out of trouble and keeping the hands and mind busy IMHO—--good job!
I appreciate all opinions and look to see some more-----
Marble—On!!

1.JPG

• Like 1
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

I do not know this seller nor do I advocate any buying from this post--just an observation . . .

That's a good looking display, Art. And I agree with your assessment of this person's box-making skills too - a wide selection that appear to be well done for the most part.