Akro Friday

image.png.d7decc457aa321c96fd0252c3b6c72b8.png

Some Akroware w/ a couple  pieces of Imperial mixed in for this "Akro Friday"  The three Imperial are the large red slag pitcher and the red cornucopia on the left as well as the small purple slag pitcher. The rest of the pieces I believe are Akro, not positive about the mibs in the ashtray ??

related.PNG

• Like 2

image.png.b1fadf88bb8a6758a0e309e1dc5c4709.png              

A small uv. flower pot for this "Akro Friday"

DSC02023.JPG

DSC02027.JPG

DSC02028.JPG

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

A small uv. flower pot for this "Akro Friday"

Nice one Chad--I like your new avatar by the way.

Not quite a "thumb-pot"--except for us with potato fingers--lol.

Nice find!!

Marble--On!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

This is a pair of one handled Akro baskets ---very hard to find without a broken or repaired handle.

Akro--On!!

One handle1.JPG

Been looking 25 years for one in the wild🤯. Same for the granddaddy and miracle pots.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Ric said:

Here's a Royal with light AV in the transparent red patch - a first for me, and tough to capture in a photograph. I hope you can see it . . .RicA0137.jpg.d5521287e4e693ccc20e7dfe070c9018.jpg

if not, just trust me. 😄

That's a nice mib . That whole milk white and that deep red  with aventurine....stunning  :music-rocker-001:

38 minutes ago, Alan said:

There can be excess colorant in most dark glass colors.  Its most common in green glass - but its possible in most, including red.

Isn't AV a precipitate of excess colorants?

23 minutes ago, Ric said:

Isn't AV a precipitate of excess colorants?

Either excess colorant precipitating - as you say, or added and not chemically dissolving, or a chemical reaction between other colorants or other cullet chemistry.

7 minutes ago, Alan said:

Either excess colorant precipitating - as you say, or added and not chemically dissolving, or a chemical reaction between other colorants or other cullet chemistry.

Yes, it seems to me that in most vintage machine made marbles AV probably resulted from the precipitation of copper from copper oxide under reducing conditions.

44 minutes ago, Alan said:

I would be interested in seeing pics of it in better light.

You might could if I didn't virtually trash it. It's a set up, a scam by Clifford and Debbie White and Scott P Shupe Melted Akro cullet the three of them burned me On Ebay 2005. Bad Vibes so, I got rid of it.

This one too, Bad people and bad Vibes.

I dumped them but only regret I did not smash em with a hammer. So, beware because they may resurface someday. 

lemonlimeox4.jpg.20051906c5c29a3b555433ae13665917.jpgakrolemlimox3.jpg.034804d176a727bf9b30295d4d88d6e7.jpglemonlimeoxswirl.jpg.c1d216aa62d33f09b84a0d9799a4c527.jpg

lemon lime ox2.jpg

• Like 4