Akro Friday

On 2/12/2024 at 4:03 PM, akroorka said:

Alan, the grooves did serve a purpose, helping to spin the molten glass. I cannot disagree with what you have said--more than likely, imho, these spinner cups broke off of the foundation due to the heat and were replaced. Carbon is very heat insensitive but it will break down over time. The likely culprit is the way that these cups were attached.

Marble--On!!

We all appreciate your input teajayo--but.
The reason that Akro used carbon is because molten glass will not stick to it.
Marble—On!!

I didn't say anything about why or why not Akro used carbon. I simply stated the grooves in the carbon cups were not what formed a corkscrew. this is not my opinion. This is fact straight patent documents explaining the machine parts in detail from the inventor who was not Akro or an employee of Akro. The grooves were carved randomly in cups yes... just to aid in keeping the molten flow from splashing right out.  All this happened in less than a second.  All I stated was... the grooves did not cause a gob to form a spiral pattern. That is fact.  I explaing how the carbon cups were attched to the cam arm. I even showed patent pictures in a post above. 6 set screws held a plate the secured the cup via a groove around its base to the cam arm.  This is clearly pictured and described in a patent image I posted above.  There really is zero speculation on it.  The patent also states... cups may or may not have grooves. So I'm inputting what I have researched for a long time. I won't bother sharing those things again. By the way, I'm leaving Rogers after 3 days here again and I mentioned to him people don't believe the oxblood spirals and ribbons like the two I posted here are Akro and he laughed. They're all dug and very few exist making them pretty rare.  They're real, they're Akro. I don't post fake stuff.  I do expose fake stuff though.. fake Akro stuff.  I don't speculate.  Some things can not be proved, but what can be should certainly be accepted and not discarded and guessed at.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, teajayo said:

I didn't say anything about why or why not Akro used carbon. I simply stated the grooves in the carbon cups were not what formed a corkscrew. this is not my opinion. This is fact straight patent documents explaining the machine parts in detail from the inventor who was not Akro or an employee of Akro. The grooves were carved randomly in cups yes... just to aid in keeping the molten flow from splashing right out.  All this happened in less than a second.  All I stated was... the grooves did not cause a gob to form a spiral pattern. That is fact.  I explaing how the carbon cups were attched to the cam arm. I even showed patent pictures in a post above. 6 set screws held a plate the secured the cup via a groove around its base to the cam arm.  This is clearly pictured and described in a patent image I posted above.  There really is zero speculation on it.  The patent also states... cups may or may not have grooves. So I'm inputting what I have researched for a long time. I won't bother sharing those things again. By the way, I'm leaving Rogers after 3 days here again and I mentioned to him people don't believe the oxblood spirals and ribbons like the two I posted here are Akro and he laughed. They're all dug and very few exist making them pretty rare.  They're real, they're Akro. I don't post fake stuff.  I do expose fake stuff though.. fake Akro stuff.  I don't speculate.  Some things can not be proved, but what can be should certainly be accepted and not discarded and guessed at.

I think you'll find that the people you are preachy to will read your posts if they were not so condescending.

happy Friday Akronites 😉.

~ #125 box top and bag
I really like this fancy bag.. and the fancy cover paper The Falls Paper Box Co. used on this masterpiece. More on this one later. Have a spectacular evening. 😉

FB_IMG_1709942097341.jpg

• Like 3