Rarest Marble Related Thing U Own

28 minutes ago, PittsburghMarbles said:

AD65FA1B-A57C-4FE3-AE36-59C04F00E2F9.thumb.jpeg.db603d8a863db7a78b828d5e8e76c713.jpegWhat’s the rarest marble or rarest marble company piece you own?

The rarest thing I own is prob this Kiwanis Club Akro ashtray that I found at a garage sale last year, of which according to Roger Hardy there’s only about 14 known examples. 

F4BB739A-3C0A-48F8-9C2E-F1E97F8C1F48.jpeg

That was a nice score man !!

• Like 2

Here is another that I can consider as rare--"extremely rare"--just maybe "one of a  kind" as far as Akro will go.

I know--pouches are pouches--not this one---try to find one!

I collect Pouches--forgive my exitement.--This one is just "KILLERRRRRR".

Nice thread Pittsburg!!

I just love this stuff!!----Really I do!!

Marble--On!!

Champion pouch 1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 2

Hello all!  First post here, and delighted to become a member.  I just want to compliment everyone on the very cool marble related rarities seen here.  While I don't personally have any rare marble accoutrements to share I am enjoying what I see!  I have limited my collecting to just marbles themselves - save a few fisher jewel trays.  I have always hoped to stumble upon a Vitro lamp, and Schmoozer that's a beauty.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

Here is another that I can consider as rare--"extremely rare"--just maybe "one of a  kind" as far as Akro will go.

Nice thread Pittsburg!!

Marble--On!!

Champion pouch 1.jpg

Those are great colors.  That's been stored out of sunlight for much of it's life.  Its in great condition too.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, akroorka said:

Nice thread Pittsburg!!

Marble--On!!

Champion pouch 1.jpg

😎 Cool to the Max!

• Thanks 1

"Rarest Marble Related Thing U Own"

It is a funny------funny thing with any collectable-----include marble related items.

The rarer the item, the more unbelievable the item, the less it will be collected or desired.

They all may be copied or misrepresented—just do your research and collect.

Never put good money at a “gut feel”, just do the research—if you do not have the time to do the research—back off.

Here is one of seven or eight known—just a marble ----I have done the research. 

I know what it is. For an Akro collector—well—enough said here.

I just love this stuff!!(I really love this stuff)

Do the research!!

Marble—On!!

Akro embossed final.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, akroorka said:

<snip>

It is a funny------funny thing with any collectable-----include marble related items.

The rarer the item, the more unbelievable the item, the less it will be collected or desired.                                                                                                                     

I cannot agree more.  I own a few pieces that 95% of people would look at, blink once and not grasp the import of.  And that's fine.

• Like 1

Some cool stuff in this thread!

Another, this is a Honeywell Brown Electronic furnace tank temperature chart recorder. It's from the Heaton/Bogard factory, old enough to have been used by Heaton. Also in the last pic is a Heaton cateye injector insert that would be used to put the 4 vanes in cateyes. Ron is holding it in this photo.

20191105-172353.jpg

20191105-172232.jpg

20191105-172225.jpg

20191101-164051.jpg

• Like 4
  • Award 1

22 minutes ago, cheese said:

Some cool stuff in this thread!

Another, this is a Honeywell Brown Electronic furnace tank temperature chart recorder. It's from the Heaton/Bogard factory, old enough to have been used by Heaton. Also in the last pic is a Heaton cateye injector insert that would be used to put the 4 vanes in cateyes. Ron is holding it in this photo.

20191105-172353.jpg

20191105-172232.jpg

20191105-172225.jpg

20191101-164051.jpg

💥💥💥 that's the stuff I'm taking about ....historical marblefacts...great stuff...🤤

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alan said:

I cannot agree more.  I own a few pieces that 95% of people would look at, blink once and not grasp the import of.  And that's fine.

Hi Alan if other members are like me and have read though the archives and your posts on here and AAM ,they should have a clue on some of the treasures you got 👍 I know if you posted some pics of some of them killer Akro box’s and salesmen cases you would Wow many on here , but I understand why you don’t , once you post a pic anybody can use them for good or bad , 

• Like 1