We Once Were Kings.....

TerryT35

The marbles you show are beautiful. We've had a few, but don't collect them. Weldon had a sulfide and a large antique with a core and ribbons in layers around it that his grandfather gave him. We gave it to our son (both marbles, that is). We've bought a few to add to our son's box of antique marbles, but don't keep or collect them ourselves. I appreciate looking at them any way. Hope other collectors add to your post. Edna

Thanks Terry!!! How sweet!!!

I had one of those baby sulphides... But, I decided, one day (back in the 80's) I didn't like sulphides... So, I sold it along with the little girl in the up-side-down chair and a blue figure #2... All 3 are in the Kansas City Toy museum, from Larry Svacina's collection.... We visited a few years ago... It was GREAT to see them again!!! (Along with a bunch of other stuff I'd sold to either Larry, or his Mom, that I'd forgotten about...)

Thanks so much to Larry and Kathy for creating such a wonderful place to see their collection... Anyone who can, should DEFINITELY check it out!!!

Here's some of the stuff I've kept....

post-3-1232655056_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655065_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655072_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655078_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655084_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655091_thumb.jpg

post-3-1232655101_thumb.jpg

Great ,marbles in great pics. I, too, started collecting Germans in the '60s. I have never sold one nor do I plan to. I stuck with them into the '90s. Then, I started collecting machine -mades. Now, it is worse than ever because I continue to collect both of those and contemporaries, and....

Great, pretty old marbles will always be great pretty old marbles and nothing will change that. There might however be room on my shelf for some newer things too.

Great ,marbles in great pics. I, too, started collecting Germans in the '60s. I have never sold one nor do I plan to. I stuck with them into the '90s. Then, I started collecting machine -mades. Now, it is worse than ever because I continue to collect both of those and contemporaries, and....

Great, pretty old marbles will always be great pretty old marbles and nothing will change that. There might however be room on my shelf for some newer things too.

I collect all three now as well. I think that collecting antique handmades helped me appreciate the skill of design and execution that goes into some contemporaries.

I collect all three now as well. I think that collecting antique handmades helped me appreciate the skill of design and execution that goes into some contemporaries.

It's great to know there's others who do collect all three!!! I don't really understand why we seem to be a minority..... But, it seems to work that way.

It's great to know there's others who do collect all three!!! I don't really understand why we seem to be a minority..... But, it seems to work that way.

Someday (chuckling inside reflecting on my copious "spare time") we should have a thread with a handmade, machine made and contemporary theme. If anyone comes up with an inspiring central theme around that - have at it.

This thread brings a tear to my eye.

I love the old German Swirls......

Due to the fine economic shape this country is in, I have been laid off since Dec. 1

I have worked in my profession for 45 yrs., don't know what else to due.

No body is hiring, that's for sure. This is the reason I haven't posted much lately..

I have sold all the marbles in my collection, but these two.

I was like giving my kids up..

I also collect coins and trade tokens, and am selling them now

All to make ends meet.

OK enough wha wha stuff

These are the two I still have

1 & 23/32

and 1 &17/32

Gonna have to sell these soon too.

Tim

post-1668-1232677089_thumb.jpg

post-1668-1232677098_thumb.jpg

post-1668-1232677106_thumb.jpg

post-1668-1232677114_thumb.jpg

post-1668-1232677123_thumb.jpg

post-1668-1232677131_thumb.jpg

Uh Oh.... I'm not gettin' pics, Bo.... Did you run outta space, too??

Hey Lou, is the a way each of us can edit the space we've used?? Some of the photos should be left in, if they've gone to a reference thread.... But, there's probably a lot that can be dumped...

edit: OK, I got Bo's (nice!!)... But the question stands.... ;)