New Moderator

LouisCamp

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Sue is not going anywhere as well.

First off, and I'll ask nicely the first time. Please no Drama. This is a marble board, not a daytime soap opera. Go watch the boob tube if that's what your into. Don't bring it here. It is not needed or wanted. Is it really that hard to talk about marbles without squabbling? I don't think so.

Next thing everyone needs to understand is that I don't go for all this defend and placate crap. I think someone is always wrong. However the person that carries it on is just as wrong. Feel free to report if you have been offended. Then just leave it at that. Move on to something else, and trust that your complaint is being delt with strictly.

Last but not least. I have no fear of banning someone at all. I'm really not into 30 day bans either. If it is so hard to follow what I would consider grade 2 rules of social interaction. You are not needed here. There are other boards to go to. I would rather spend my time helping out a newbie. Than having to deal with a problem poster. Push another member of the board to much and you go. Plain and simple. Someone new will be along soon enough that will be willing to play by the rules.

The day is new. The Bans have started. I expect a real cooldown to start now because of it. Still feel the need for drama. Try me! You will not last long here.

Marble on everyone.

Dave

. . . Next thing everyone needs to understand is that I don't go for all this defend and placate crap. I think someone is always wrong. However the person that carries it on is just as wrong. Feel free to report if you have been offended. Then just leave it at that. Move on to something else . . .

Dave

I couldn't agree with you more!

And congratulations, or condolences, whichever is appropriate!

First off, and I'll ask nicely the first time. Please no Drama. This is a marble board, not a daytime soap opera. Go watch the boob tube if that's what your into. Don't bring it here. It is not needed or wanted. Is it really that hard to talk about marbles without squabbling? I don't think so.

Next thing everyone needs to understand is that I don't go for all this defend and placate crap. I think someone is always wrong. However the person that carries it on is just as wrong. Feel free to report if you have been offended. Then just leave it at that. Move on to something else, and trust that your complaint is being delt with strictly.

Last but not least. I have no fear of banning someone at all. I'm really not into 30 day bans either. If it is so hard to follow what I would consider grade 2 rules of social interaction. You are not needed here. There are other boards to go to. I would rather spend my time helping out a newbie. Than having to deal with a problem poster. Push another member of the board to much and you go. Plain and simple. Someone new will be along soon enough that will be willing to play by the rules.

The day is new. The Bans have started. I expect a real cooldown to start now because of it. Still feel the need for drama. Try me! You will not last long here.

Marble on everyone.

Dave

Very good - and thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave, maybe you should explain this paragraph a bit more...seems it may already have been misunderstood.

And I'm not sure I totally understand it myself (I can be pretty dense, you know).

Edited by m!b$

Uhhhhhhhh....

I think Lou got confused.... It was actually Steph that mentioned Dave... I'm fine with it!!

Good Luck, Man!! :music-rocker-001:

But, it wasn't my request...

My suggestion was setting a time line for moderators and let everyone try it out...

3 months, 6 months, a year?? I'm not sure how long it takes to get the "drift..."

Dave.... If I've said it once, I've said it a THOUSAND times....

Mods don't have the power to ban...

Guess what that means???

If you guessed that you can't ban anyone.........

YOUR RIGHT!!!!! :jumping-1020:

You CAN however, do whatever you like to influence Lou to ban....

Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't..... :computer-18:

I'll be hangin' out... I'm not in any kinda huff, or anything....

I just came to the conclusion that...

When asked to address a situation that a mod needs to address, every fiber in my body and soul said...

"My GOD, I'm sick and tired of this!!!"

If I can't do what I'm supposed to do, when I'm supposed to do it...

It's time to pass the torch...

Hang in, Dave!!! :party-243:

Ditto what Derrick said!

Isn't it fair to assume it is time to delegate some kind of additional moderator power in Lou's absence? Steph and Dave being able to temporarily pull the plug when things get waaaay out of hand seems logical to me.

PS Derrick, they do make a .46! lol

:jumping-1020:

Sure M!b$ I can expand on that for you. Basically if someone sends you a PM that is insulting or rude in any way, let the mods know. Don't reply to it and drag yourself to their level. Same goes for stuff in posts. Tempting as it may to snap back, it is just as easy not to. If you do snap back then your just as big a drama causing thread killer in my eyes. Take the high road and your all good.

On the other hand, if you are the offender. I get to click this neat little tab I found that gives you a strike and fills your neat little trouble maker bar a bit. Fill it up and your gone. Plain and simple. The number of clicks you get, and how long they will last is still to be worked out. Rest assured though that it will be enough that if you do actually fill it up then you have to know your a total anti-social nutcase. Or as smart as a 2nd grader. Your pick.

I gave Lou fair warning when I agreed to do this that I was a hard-ass. I am real sure we are on the same page here. The banning of the member today I feel will really settle things down. It is a lot more fun to play in the sandbox when you know there is no cat poop in it to ruin your day. Still if anyone insists on being a cat. They get a boot in the butt.

One last warning that things are going to get stricter around here. We have lost sooooo many valued members here because of all the B.S! Enough is enough. I am hoping that no one gets banned at all quite honestly. However know that I am more than willing to drive Lou nuts to make him do it if your trouble maker bar gets full.

OK, but who decides who the offender(s) is/are, supposing it's not real obvious? And how will it be decided? I guess I'm sorta playing the devil's advocate here. Some potential members might be scared off unless it's all very clear, and others might stick around unless it's all very clear.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble or anything :)

Sure M!b$ I can expand on that for you. Basically if someone sends you a PM that is insulting or rude in any way, let the mods know. Don't reply to it and drag yourself to their level. Same goes for stuff in posts. Tempting as it may to snap back, it is just as easy not to. If you do snap back then your just as big a drama causing thread killer in my eyes. Take the high road and your all good.

On the other hand, if you are the offender. I get to click this neat little tab I found that gives you a strike and fills your neat little trouble maker bar a bit. Fill it up and your gone. Plain and simple. The number of clicks you get, and how long they will last is still to be worked out. Rest assured though that it will be enough that if you do actually fill it up then you have to know your a total anti-social nutcase. Or as smart as a 2nd grader. Your pick.

I gave Lou fair warning when I agreed to do this that I was a hard-ass. I am real sure we are on the same page here. The banning of the member today I feel will really settle things down. It is a lot more fun to play in the sandbox when you know there is no cat poop in it to ruin your day. Still if anyone insists on being a cat. They get a boot in the butt.

One last warning that things are going to get stricter around here. We have lost sooooo many valued members here because of all the B.S! Enough is enough. I am hoping that no one gets banned at all quite honestly. However know that I am more than willing to drive Lou nuts to make him do it if your trouble maker bar gets full.

I ran that through the Canadian Babel Fish Translator. It came out…

There’s a new sheriff in town

THE BOOB PINCHING MUST STOP