How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

Last yr.was my first marble sales on ebay and b4 that  fb, mostly Vacor, with selling as is  my Vintage style glass marbles. Use 2get  alot of heat from that pitch. Would be buyers would tell me these aren't vintage and I would reply did I say vintage or did I say vintage style there is a difference between vintage and vintage style anyhow I sold a lot of marbles to a lot of people with no complaints. This was long before I was with any Marble groups I think I was only with one or two there weren't very many back then I believe maybe there was only two or three groups then, between 2007 to 2016

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Steph said:

What kind of contest was involved to get that shirt?  Did you knuckle down?

It was gifted to me by M,Johnson at the OC Marble show this year. I ask him to bring me a shirt back if there  were any, if I could not make it there, an old shirt he had and I wore it proudly 2Day. 

• Like 1

If I can remember the story but there was a marble contest at the store the day thr shirts came out. The store was called The Toy Zoo in 2011 all the participants were given shirts or paid for them I can't remember but I believe they were gifts, the store sold lots of Mega Marbles.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Joe2 said:

It was gifted to me by M,Johnson at the OC Marble show this year. I ask him to bring me a shirt back if there  were any, if I could not make it there, an old shirt he had and I wore it proudly 2Day. 

:thup:  

On the contrary, though there were no shirts for sale of the event Mike was kind enough to give to bring some for me to choose from. I choose the  one from thie town live in now. Thank  Mike Johnson For the shirt 💚

Hi! I am Rebecca. 

I am new to the marble world and still learning everyday with the help of you great folks. In time I am sure I will have a preference, eventually, for now I am just having fun seeing and learning about all the varieties that exist and identifying the ones I have inherited. 

ME.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I prefer handmade. I am also extremely biased by the fact my dad made marbles by hand. I grew up watching him make marbles. I even helped make a few of them. Fun fact! Larry Castle loved handmade clay and porcelain marbles. His favorite marbles in his collection were clay and porcelain marbles dating back to the B.C.s!

20230711_205854.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MyDadLovedMarbles said:

I prefer handmade. I am also extremely biased by the fact my dad made marbles by hand. I grew up watching him make marbles. I even helped make a few of them. Fun fact! Larry Castle loved handmade clay and porcelain marbles. His favorite marbles in his collection were clay and porcelain marbles dating back to the B.C.s!

20230711_205854.jpg

"Welcome to Marble Connection Divya"    :wave2:

• Wow 1

2 hours ago, MyDadLovedMarbles said:

Not every day someone recognizes who I am because of my dad!

Guess I cheated a little, I looked @ your profile, but yes I do have some posters and a few books hangin around somewhere.  Again  "Welcome" glad to have you aboard    :)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

I'm Avva and I have no idea what my preference is yet because I am so new to this but I am really enjoying the journey and the community so far 😁

IMG_20230608_192030.thumb.jpg.870ec2b892332fb374c666763bb6745f.jpg

Good to put a face to the name, looking forward to many more pix and posts  :wave2:

• Like 1