How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

• 3 months later...

I’m DJ. Brand new to marbles, but have collected sports cards for years. When people started getting in to fights over $20 retail boxes (that they were selling for over $100 on eBay)I decided to back out a little. IDK enough to pick machines or hand made. 

as for a pic? Wedding pick with my wife. We got married in bed. In our pj’s. IMG_6343.thumb.jpeg.824801097343a1ebedfae591cf1bb9a2.jpeg

• Wow 1

6 hours ago, Djp5690 said:

I’m DJ. Brand new to marbles, but have collected sports cards for years. When people started getting in to fights over $20 retail boxes (that they were selling for over $100 on eBay)I decided to back out a little. IDK enough to pick machines or hand made. 

as for a pic? Wedding pick with my wife. We got married in bed. In our pj’s. IMG_6343.thumb.jpeg.824801097343a1ebedfae591cf1bb9a2.jpeg

Hello DJ, nice putting a face to the name  :)  looking forward to some more great marbles & pix  :thup:

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 4:55 PM, akroorka said:

Hold on to your pants Djp5690--marble collecting is even more addicting and crazy.
Welcome my new marble collecting friend!!
Marble—On!!

Man, I can already tell. I have too many hobbies, but this might become my priority one!  So long fishing, baseball cards, mushroom foraging, etc… I got that itch for some glass!  I seem to be most attracted to purple slags. Idk why. 

IMG_1503.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Djp5690 said:

Can’t trust eBay listings at all. 

Oh --you can trust them--but first you have to trust yourself.

There are still deals to be had on E-Bay--from dealers that do not know thier knickers.

It is still search and hunt--just like 35-40 years ago--some sellers know and some do not.

The hunt is still on--just different.

Marble--On!!

4 hours ago, akroorka said:

Oh --you can trust them--but first you have to trust yourself.

There are still deals to be had on E-Bay--from dealers that do not know thier knickers.

It is still search and hunt--just like 35-40 years ago--some sellers know and some do not.

The hunt is still on--just different.

Marble--On!!

Well said!  You have to be educated to do consistently well on EBay but there are plenty of “finds” for the prepared buyer.

Name is Brett. I like them all. My favorite part of this is the thrill of the hunt. I have a too many hobbies but this one I kinda compete with my son. We see who can come up with the best find. He’s been at it longer but I’m learning fast. And I’m a competitor. IMG_7794.thumb.jpeg.672242d558a4d808eedd94f5dafd0cfa.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Award 1

1 hour ago, B-rett66 said:

Name is Brett. I like them all. My favorite part of this is the thrill of the hunt. I have a too many hobbies but this one I kinda compete with my son. We see who can come up with the best find. He’s been at it longer but I’m learning fast. And I’m a competitor. IMG_7794.thumb.jpeg.672242d558a4d808eedd94f5dafd0cfa.jpeg

Good to see ya Brett, nice Bass  :)

Akrooka, that’s on Barkley Lake in Kentucky. My nephew got me into tournament fishing a couple years ago. You talk about a rush. Non-stop fishing for about 9 hours. Racing from spot to spot at 65-70 mph. It’s like finding a German handmade Lutz in a jar full of game marbles for $5.00 

B-rett

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2023 at 12:30 AM, Djp5690 said:

Man, I can already tell. I have too many hobbies, but this might become my priority one!  So long fishing, baseball cards, mushroom foraging, etc… I got that itch for some glass!  I seem to be most attracted to purple slags. Idk why. 

IMG_1503.jpeg

Ha - join the club - cards marbles cars…

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, goingmarbles said:

Newbie don't know much

Nice tats--do you have any room left for a marble or two--I love it! (no tattos here) My kids have them and I always teased them about getting one on my forhead, this is a family site so I will not go any further----we all have two🙃.

Welcome and good to see you as well.

Marble--On!!