How About A Name, A Face And A Preference. Machine Or Handmade?

• 11 months later...

Bonniemarbles here- I haven't been collecting marbles long enough to have singled out a certain co. or style, I just love marbles. As you can see from the pic., I keep my marbles  in plastic boxes deemed for jewelry beads, & label them as I learn where they go: yes that's all I have, no boxes in the attic, or shelves full of bottled marbles, that's for the future, I'm sure. And here's a pic. of my "photo lab" The cabinet behind the "lab" has drawers full of lamp parts. I repair lamps for people &  sell lamp parts, lampshades & antiques  in an antique shop in Crossville, Tn. I use rounded brass nuts{showing in photo}  under my marbles to keep them from rolling.  As you can tell, It's a grass roots project. Here' a selfie, which I'm just learning to do, still can't take one with my eyes straight ahead. Meeting other marble collectors is on my bucket list, preferable at a marble show, if life ever gets that normal again.

keeper marbles.jpg

photo setup.jpg

Bonniemarbles.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm the guy on the right. This pic was taken at Ron's place just after the last Heaton dig a few weeks ago. I prefer machine made by far, swirls more specifically. When I started in the 1980s I was more interested in the handmades but so was everybody back then. I'm so glad attention got shifted to the machine mades. 

DSCN4636.jpg

1 hour ago, cheese said:

I'm the guy on the right. This pic was taken at Ron's place just after the last Heaton dig a few weeks ago. I prefer machine made by far, swirls more specifically. When I started in the 1980s I was more interested in the handmades but so was everybody back then. I'm so glad attention got shifted to the machine mades. 

DSCN4636.jpg

Wish I could've been there !!  A perfect couple of day's for diggin, Thanks to you all.

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Deanna but people call me Rooster. I absolutely love marbles, pretty much just machine made. My favorites are Akro, Vitro, Master, and Peltier, and all WV swirls. I am originally from Clarksburg WV and lived right by old Hazel Atlas/ Anchor Hocking factory site there. Also, happened to live in the old Coca-Cola bottling works in Clarksburg for first 8 years of life. Glass collecting of all types is my passion. Glad to be here!

Welcome Deanna,    :wave2:  I like all mibs, handmades and machine, I'm way over on the West Coast, only 50 mi. from the Pacific.

Chad G.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Mojomarblelicious said:

Forgot....i like the german hand made and the USA marbles , hope i can buy some from new friends here or trade for mine as we speak to be sorted out and to be indentified

Welcome Joep! That is interesting and attractive jewelry. As you may have gathered, my name is Ric. I am half Dutch (the good half as my 93 year old Mother would say) and I used to trade marbles with a beautiful soul named Winnie, who lived in Amsterdam. Unfortunately, she is no longer with us (RIP). She was wonderful community member - I miss her being here.

• 2 months later...

howdy all . bill here. scot-irish with a bit black mixed in. interest in all class of marbles. main push is in machine-made. many years traveling to old marble factory sites for excavations and gathering of history and artifacts. put a shovel in alot of places and the thrill will always exist. biggest gain from all the efforts and gains is the ... good people i've had the pleasure to meet and still hold close as best of people i've ever met. thank you all. 

ottowa 002.jpg

ottowa 037.jpg

ottowa 025.jpg

ottowa 022.jpg

peltier dig bunch.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mibcapper said:

howdy all . bill here. scot-irish with a bit black mixed in. interest in all class of marbles. main push is in machine-made. many years traveling to old marble factory sites for excavations and gathering of history and artifacts. put a shovel in alot of places and the thrill will always exist. biggest gain from all the efforts and gains is the ... good people i've had the pleasure to meet and still hold close as best of people i've ever met. thank you all. 

ottowa 002.jpg

ottowa 037.jpg

ottowa 025.jpg

ottowa 022.jpg

peltier dig bunch.jpg

Whadya mean I can't dig here ?? Your yard what ??.................:character-smileys-238:

( Great pix & great memories Bill !! )

image.png.4f2922a8278e39d63ab624628fcf7a4c.png

Bill, here...figured I better get around to doing this 😊 Been a lifelong collector of various things from antiques, football cards, agates; always liked spreading my wings into something new that interests me. Gardening and fishing definitely rank right up there with the favorites. Originally from Indiana, moved to Jacksonville, Florida when I was a kid, then relocated to Mabel, Minnesota in 93'.  I've done everything from steel fab, painting and paint manufacturing too landscaping. Jack of all trades I guess. Mainly factory work with 8 years of nursing sprinkled in since coming too Minnesota. Currently at Miken Sports since 2006, manufacturer of composite baseball and softball bats. Also the manufacturer of the batting helmets you see all MLB players wearing in the batter's box, myself and one other man being the only two people making those. Met the woman,  Peggy, I would eventually marry stepping off the Greyhound bus back then. Together 25 years until she lost her battle with brain cancer in 2018. Things started looking up again when Patricia entered my life late that year, another hurting heart trying to find her way. Life has it's pitfalls and obstacles, starting over being one, but life supposedly finds a way ❤...The hobby that is marbles caught my eye back in December of 2020 while treasure hunting and I began actively searching in February of this year. They are truly all little beautiful works of art, no preference per say, love them all! After looking around, decided to join this community. The overall construction of this site was perfect for me. And, of course, I have learned the people here are the most special part of it all. Thanks for taking me in! 😊

20210506_070701.jpg

20200308_153233.jpg

20200510_170710.jpg