Eye Candy Dish

Steph

I've been stimulating the economy by buying some items from a couple of my favorite online sellers. :)  I have two more specially chosen rocks on the way from my mineral guy but I can't wait for them.  Have to post now.  Mostly I want to show off my new stoneware pieces from Panthertown.  Marbles and a pendant.  (Along with one my earlier Panthertown favorites.) 

I go to the dish every now and then and lift the lid and just smile.  ❤️  

I4o8pEB.jpg

P.s., the carnelian bullseye agate is an older piece from my marble collection, and the  polkadotty sphere is fossilized fish eggs newly arrived from @mmuehlba :)

I think I'm pretty close to considering the bowl perfect. *delighted squeal*   ❤️❤️❤️    

1 hour ago, Royal3 said:

Neat dish, Steph, it looks carefully curated. What is the sphere at far 3 o’clock? Is that a wild snowflake obsidian or something else? 

Thank you. :) Mike's note with the sphere said "Oolitic Chert (Petrified fish eggs)". 

2 hours ago, jten said:

Some sliced agates picked up hundreds of them years ago have not found a use for them yet. Have this basket full and an even larger box full

You can superglue a bit of fishing monofilament to an edge of the dyed ones and hang them in a sunny window.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a candy dish but a rock, Some friends of mine picked it up on the Washington coast, up on the northwest corner. They thought it would be good for marbles. they were right except it is so rough that  can't put really nice ones on it. Thanks

Bruce

holey rock.jpg