Chad G.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Steph said:

I think that most Alox shoelaces were made in America.  

Some were made in Japan though.  If you can find the Japanese ones, look for marbles on the label.

0lcAFLP.jpg

Talk about attention to detail, smart marketing on their behalf.

• 1 month later...

Alox marble machine. The four people are 3 different families all connected by marbles. They all bought equipment and marbles from each other. Left is Frank Sellers- Alley grandson. Center is Nancy Frier- granddaughter and daughter of the two Alox owners. Right is Ray Weekly and husband- her father was owner of Ravenswood Novelty.  All present to see this machine run one more time. 

Pictures of the Alox machine at Jabo . Then at my house. Then I took it back home to the original Alox factory in St.Louis.  It is now in a museum in St. Louis. 

The last picture is Bill McCaleb with Nancy Frier's father, the last owner of Alox, who has passed on. 

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 001.jpg

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 029.jpg

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 007.jpg

Felica-Akro-Sistersville-Beri 033.jpg

Dannys sistersville 080.jpg

Dannys sistersville 086.jpg

On 3/5/2021 at 10:04 PM, wvrons said:

Alox marble machine. The four people are 3 different families all connected by marbles. They all bought equipment and marbles from each other. Left is Frank Sellers- Alley grandson. Center is Nancy Frier- granddaughter and daughter of the two Alox owners. Right is Ray Weekly and husband- her father was owner of Ravenswood Novelty.  All present to see this machine run one more time. 

Pictures of the Alox machine at Jabo . Then at my house. Then I took it back home to the original Alox factory in St.Louis.  It is now in a museum in St. Louis. 

The last picture is Bill McCaleb with Nancy Frier's father, the last owner of Alox, who has passed on. 

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 001.jpg

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 029.jpg

Alox Run at Jabo July 2 2010 007.jpg

Felica-Akro-Sistersville-Beri 033.jpg

Dannys sistersville 080.jpg

Dannys sistersville 086.jpg

chuck garrett ... ron shepherd ... nancy friar ... 1 handsome mibster ... ric anthony ... on display at the decatur show. mr. shepherd .. forgot .. to mention the %%%%% fun it was zippin around downtown ... st. louis .. at midnite. lookin for the musuem. at 100 m.p.h. at that hr. ... NOBODY .. slow's down ... there. as you can see .... i made it ok ... bill

pics 073.JPG

33 minutes ago, mibcapper said:

chuck garrett ... ron shepherd ... nancy friar ... 1 handsome mibster ... ric anthony ... on display at the decatur show. mr. shepherd .. forgot .. to mention the %%%%% fun it was zippin around downtown ... st. louis .. at midnite. lookin for the musuem. at 100 m.p.h. at that hr. ... NOBODY .. slow's down ... there. as you can see .... i made it ok ... bill

pics 073.JPG

Wish I coulda tasted just a little of that. Thanks for the pic Bill !!