Marble related stuff ???

Chad G.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was @ a picnic about 5 years ago and they had a lawn bowl, that thing was heavy, more like a rock, didn't have letters like yours it had imprinted numbers, 3 of them, obviously not the weight, that's all I remember, I know nothing about them. Just kiddin about where the shed was. Those carpet bowls especially the ones with the flower like imprint look familiar, I know there's a name on them I just can't remember, That design was specific to them.

Your gettin warmer, I heard that term also sounds familiar, I think sponge wear is the name for a certain type of glazed pottery ?? I just found your exact lawn bowls on ebay, made by Ayers with bone inlay, these looked brand new to me, I couldn't believe all the listing's, I wrote carpet bowls on the Ebay header and all kinds of bowls popped up.( found it) some kinda sponge dabbed pottery, they showed some pics, pretty spendy I guess, though from the pics I can't see why, Oh well to each their own.

image.png.948104836f031d8398d4a15e6ef58257.png

This a little Akro children's china thumb pot, highly uv., Small Akro china is one of my favorite marble related thing's to collect. The little clear spot on the bottom is a punch out for drainage, children punched almost all of these out, especially in the med. sized ones.

DSC02247.JPG

DSC02022.JPG

DSC02023.JPG

DSC02028.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Some boxes I converted into marble cases using dimple foam, my favorite is the backgammon case w/ a spot for my loupe a cleaning cloth and some spare mib bags. The others are old airtight humidor boxes with locking capabilities, I could drop this box out of my car doing 55 and not harm the mibs inside, a good box if your a fumble fingers like me, I took a couple pics. ( one more ) a very old skeleton key lock box, just added dimple foam, for a little larger mibs. Locking mechanism a must have in my case, can't afford to drop me treasure :pirate:

DSC02271.JPG

DSC02275 (2).JPG

DSC02274.JPG

DSC02276.JPG

DSC02277.JPG

DSC02287.JPG

DSC02285.JPG

DSC02286.JPG

DSC02283.JPG

DSC02280.JPG

DSC02281 (2).JPG

• 1 month later...

Gonna resurect this thread 'cause I hit a moving sale yesterday. I got this plate. It's a full size transferware dinner plate, probably from the 1870s or 80s. The reason I'm posting is on the left rim, two marbles, or more likely carpet balls. I looked on the internet and there is a full color version. the top one is bright red with a gold band.

plate2.jpg

plate3.jpg

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tommy said:

That is awesome chad...

Just like a downhome old fashioned marble Christmas year round, I made like 8 of them, a use for those gigantic Germans besides sitting there collecting dust. "Thanks Tommy" gotta stay busy, from the looks of my house I been a bit to busy.

Ah the first game is the one I just bought with the green Alley glass cup and also a kids lotto a double game box, I couldn't find it anywhere, good to see the other half, I'll be posting my tiddlywinks & lotto game hopefully this weekend. :thanks Ric"